PDA

View Full Version : How to get AVGAS to Bangui??

flynz
24th Dec 2000, 17:20
Does anyone know how to get AVGAS into Bangui/CAR to help out a fellow 206 pilot grounded by empty tanks. There has been no supply to Bangui for months. The remaining fuel has now been "drained" from his tanks by locals.

Thanks in advance. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif

The Guvnor
24th Dec 2000, 19:41
Try Mogas - at the very least, it will get your mate out of there!

------------------
:) Happiness is a warm L1011 :)

FuelFlow
24th Dec 2000, 22:00
Sorry Mate. Operated out of there a couple of years back. I was even worried about the quality of the Jet A1.

There was a diamond company based in Bangui then. They were VERY clued up with the Government ETC (Bibes and that sort of thing). I think they called themselves,Semos S.A. I dont know if they are still operating, but if they are, I am sure they would be able to help your mate. Another company that could help is, CADCO. Same situation as Semos. Both companys were well known by the public, so he should be able to trace them down rather easily if yhey are still operating.

Best of luck!!!!!!

BEECH
25th Dec 2000, 00:44
Try the aeroclub at Bangui Airport. Sorry don't know there name but they have some piston aircraft

flynz
26th Dec 2000, 04:20
Sorry for any misunderstand. This fellow pilot is based in Bangui but has only flown a few hours since he arrived there last summer due to fuel shortages. Mogas is no option; same problem. Even Jet-A1 is hard to get. The only one operating is Minair with a C208.

FuelFlow: Did we ever meet on the tarmac? I lived in Bangui a few years back flying a P68C (TL-ABL). Loved the flying but all
the AK47's made it somewhat stressfull. Got enough of it when I had to sleep under my bed because of low flying mortars at night.

FuelFlow
26th Dec 2000, 11:18
Flynz

It may have been possible that we met. I was there December 1998, flying a C208B,ZS-NDV privately and a B200,ZS-SOL for the U.N.