PDA

View Full Version : Emirates - Accelerated Command scheme

Boeing 787
24th Jul 2007, 09:06
Hello to all,

I sincerely hope that I am not in for some hard time by starting this thread.

Just recieved an invitation for an interview for a F/O position. I have enough P1 hours and total time to qualify for this programme. May I please ask whether this scheme is still in force?

Thanks

Vorsicht
24th Jul 2007, 09:12
It is always in play, but you will only be able to take advantage of it if there is a shortage of suitably qualified 3 year F/O's.
For instance if you were on the airbus at present, where there is a backlog of 3 year guys waiting for a command, then you would not get offered an accelerated command.

On the boeing at present you probably would.

I am not sure of the rules applying to changing fleets for an accelerated command. Someone else may care to comment.

V

EGGW
24th Jul 2007, 12:56
Or you could go for the accelerated transition upgrade, if you have the requisite hours/experience, as many have done lately from the Bus to the Boing.

EGGW

atiuta
25th Jul 2007, 06:42
Lets get this straight, there is no such "programme".

There is a current acceleration policy that will in all likelihood have no relevancy in 3-4 years time.

If you arrive claiming to be on some super FO programme, you will find a cold response from your peers and will probably be disappointed in the long run.

Nice one Muttley.

Boeing 787
25th Jul 2007, 09:57
Thanks to all for your time to answer.

atiuta,just reviewed my post and have failed to see me mentioning that I applied on a super F/O programme. Rest assured that I know what i am good in and very well know my limits.

Nobody has forced me to apply and I am certain that nobody will force me to sign the contract.

I think you simply could not resist mudslinging.

411A
25th Jul 2007, 12:38
Ah, Boeing787, I'm afraid you have received the typical response that might be expected from a frustrated EK First Officer, one that perhaps was a Commander back where they came from (or, perhaps a quite senior F/O) and went to the desert for that 'rapid' command they were foolish enough to believe:ugh: was on offer...EK reeled 'em in, hook, line and sinker.:}

Ah well...I believe it was PT Barnum who said, long ago...the're is a sucker born every minute.:uhoh::}

GoreTex
25th Jul 2007, 14:28
have to agree with you on this one,it has been posted 4 years ago that EK is not the place to go for a right seat anymore and that it will take a long time for an upgrade.
EK was always hiring DEC's so there is no reason to complain if you are there for less than 4 years.
the good days in the PERSIAN gulf are long gone just accept it

BYMONEK
26th Jul 2007, 00:22
411a

God, I wish you'd posted those wise words 4 years ago. If you had, I might have avoided being reeled in myself. Giving up a good jet command to foolishly fly in the right seat for 3 years. Time wasted in the right seat learning from guys in the left seat. Learning new SOP's, completely new destinations and routes, unique Company culture, new Aircraft type. Why didn't I just stay with my old Airline, flying the same routes for the next 20 years as i'd flown for the first 20, with the same people on the same aircraft reporting to the same ****ty little crewroom day after day with plot change after plot change. Crappy weather, crappy rosters and when I wasn't flying, crappy staff travel crammed into crappy seats with crappy passengers. Did I mention how crappy it became at my old Airline? It's even worse now apparently.

Well, I guess it's because I wanted to better myself and better the life of my family. And do you know what. I have! As have many others here so please save your archaic views on never giving up the left seat for your lectures in the old peoples home. Most of us knew the risks and were prepared to take them. Sure, some have been unlucky but the majority have done well. My view now from the left seat is even more rewarding than before.

As I was just saying to my wife the other day, sat in First, " Darling, we really should take the boat out more often". Not quite sure who the suckers are, but it ain't me pal!

Snake man
26th Jul 2007, 03:48
"As I was just saying to my wife the other day, sat in First, " Darling, we really should take the boat out more often". Not quite sure who the suckers are, but it ain't me pal!"

To which the good lady replied: "It's 48 degrees celcius outside you silly man! No more Champagne for you, or it's back to economy class where you belong!"

She then went on to hand her husband a copy of "English for Dummies" and pointed out that although "sat" is indeed the past tense of "sit", the correct use of the verb in this context would be the past continuous ie:"....sitting in first".

SM

Sonny Hammond
26th Jul 2007, 04:38
Ouch!, Snake man, that would've hurt.

BigGeordie
26th Jul 2007, 07:09
Wow, you sure you weren't sitting next to my wife instead?

atiuta
26th Jul 2007, 11:24
B787

Your title does state in bold Emirates - Accelerated Command Scheme. You then go on to question if this programme still exists, so forgive me if I assumed you were interested in an accelerated command.

I stay away from the name calling and just state the facts, wouldn't want you to be misinformed after all.

Take any opportunity you can get your hands on, I would. However, the number of dissapointed pilots I have seen that thought they were going to get some sort of preferential treatment defies belief. You will not be hired as anything other than as an FO. IF the current acceleration policy is still in effect come your time for command, you MAY benefit assuming no one else qualifies (unlikely).

411A

Reload, you missed.

Sonny Hammond
27th Jul 2007, 03:34
In the real world, 3 yrs to command on a brank new 777 is accelerated command.
Apologies to the airbus boys (and girl).

southflyer
27th Jul 2007, 05:21
arabic for scheme...... SCAM