PDA

View Full Version : Kinshasa

jetjackel
23rd Dec 2000, 14:50
Anyone based in Kinshasa that speaks English. Here on short term contract and need drinking / talking compatriot. E-mail me if thirsty.

Jetjackel.

BEECH
23rd Dec 2000, 22:04
Hey Jetjackel
There are 3 of us here from South Africa and 1 Pom in Kin flying for UN. We will be at the swimming pool om Sunday 24th and 25th if the weather is good. Come and visit. Plenty of beer to go around!!!

Cardinal Puff
23rd Dec 2000, 22:31
Save me a Tembo...

Not in Kin but used to live Lubumbashi. Try to find Joe Jordaan in Kin. Used to be a party beast but lost track for about 3 years...

Have a good one and enjoy your silly season.

firewall1
31st Dec 2000, 12:52
"Beechboys"
Have a good one over at the pool and wherever you end up that night.

See ya in 001

baronvonmildred
31st Dec 2000, 17:03
Cardinal Puff
I used to work in Lubumbashi, flew for one of the missions based there. Where are you now?

jumbo Mouse
4th Jan 2001, 11:13
HOWZIT STEVE

WELL MAN, NOT MUCH OF AN ADVENTURE ANYMORE IN AFRICA, IS IT!! ATLEAST YOUR'E THE LAST WHITE MAN STANDING SINCE THE CIVIL WAR. HAPPY NEW YEAR AND HOPE YOU GET SOME FRIENDS THERE IN A HURRY. HAD AN EMAIL FROM YOUR WIFE AND KNOW WHAT YOUR'E GOING THROUGH - HAVE YOU GOT ANY FUEL FOR THE MACHINES YET?
GOT BACK FROM JAPAN THIS MORNING ORIGINATING BANGKOK, THINGS ARE COOL AND WE AWAIT YOU AND YOUR WIFE'S VISIT ON THE ISLAND, HOPEFULLY SOMETIME THIS YEAR, BY THE WAY THEY ARE LOOKING AGAIN FOR DC10 GUYS, IF YOUR INTERESTED YOU HAVE MY EMAIL.

REGARDS N AND R IN HI

Joao Amil
3rd Feb 2001, 09:33
Hi Beech!
Can you tell me how can I apply to fly for the UN?
Regards.

BEECH
4th Feb 2001, 12:51
Joao Amil
The UN does not employ their own pilots. They lease aircraft with crews from various operators who tender for the business on an ACMI basis. The crew are paid by the operator. We work for a South African company flying SA registered aircraft. You would have to obtain an SA licence or at least get a validation in order to fly them outside of SA borders. This a long drawn out process so your best bet would be to find out if any operators in your area (you don't say where you are from) operate aircraft for the UN and contact them.
Good Luck