PDA

View Full Version : ATPL

Canadapilot
23rd Jul 2007, 23:00
I am returning from Canada late this year after professional training, and need to convert licenses and will enrol on the Bristol distance course. What are peoples' opinions on the difficulty level of the ATPL exams? are they in multiple choice or essay form? Some people I know say it's GCSE level stuff but just loads of stuff to learn. All advice appreciated!

cortilla
23rd Jul 2007, 23:06
It's all multi choice.

Whilst the level of knowledge is doable if you did quite well at gcse's, the thing that makes it quite a bit harder is the volume of stuff you need to remember.

So the work ethic required is much much higher than gcse's or even a level. But plug away at the work and listen to your ground instructors and you should be fine.

gmac1977
24th Jul 2007, 12:56
Hi

Try Cranfield aviation training school in bedfordshire.
Its half the price of Bristol and the pass rates are exactly the same.
i paid £999 including the groundschol and jAA question banks.

I'm half way through the distance learning and got an average 90% on my 1st 6. V impressed so far and i started the course within half an hour.

Save your money! you could get yourself a business class ticket with the money you save

They give away the 1st subject FREE www.cranfieldaviation/go/demo (http://www.cranfieldaviation/go/demo)

give them a shout

all the best:)