PDA

View Full Version : What else do i need???

brother seerko
23rd Jul 2007, 14:42
Hi guys i am new to this forum but it has lots of info so can you answer this one.....i am 14 i know English, Ukrainian, Russian, Polish, Spanish and i am learning german.....i am thinking of going to a pilot acadamy but i looked ans some airlines say that they requaire 4 years of collage does the avadamy count....and what licences do i need to fly the A340s and the 747s and the soon A380s.. i have perfect eye sight..thank you

thesheephair
24th Jul 2007, 02:07
reasearch, rather than letting people tell you :)

I didnt have a clue what i needed to become an airline pilot a month ago now i know exactly what i need and what im most likey going to do after a month of good solid google forums research

paco
24th Jul 2007, 06:55
On a more positive note, you will eventually need an Airline Transport Pilot's Licence to fly anything that heavy, which will include an Instrument Rating.

You can do the examinations, but they will be frozen for a certain time until you get enough hours to qualify for the licence, for which you must be at least 21 anyway. You will have to research the airlines separately for their requirements, but you need to be aware that some require a miimum passing grade on the licence exams - basic marks won't count, so look forward to some hard studying!

At your age, I would definitely not worry too much about languages, but certainly study physics, and maths to a certain extent. As for college - they might require that, but if there is a shortage, in reality they may be a little creative. have you checked to see if the academy's exams are the equivalent of college?

bluepeely
24th Jul 2007, 18:11
Language is a good start but the only thing that'll get you into the RHS of a A380 is a whole lotta money and lot of hours :}

Still nowt wrong with aiming high:ok:

waveydavey
24th Jul 2007, 20:03
I know a little German... he's called Hans.

Apologies. :bored:

captain_rossco
24th Jul 2007, 20:04
Very good, I'm having that one.