PDA

View Full Version : Controller jobs

rhickling
23rd Jul 2007, 08:11
Hi - my wife is an Air Traffic Controller, currently on leave (at home with our children). She is interested in working again here in Hong Kong.
She has 10 years experience, all in France, including 7 years at Charles de Gaulle.
What would be the process for her to apply for work at Chep Lap Kok? Are there opennings?

rhickling
25th Jul 2007, 03:31
Quite a few people viewed my post - but no replies. Does this mean that there are no jobs or that no-one knows.
My wife is perfectly bilingual by the way - in case accent would be considered an issue.

SMOC
25th Jul 2007, 04:43
Check your PM.

SMOC

throw a dyce
25th Jul 2007, 07:01
HK has a localisation policy,so as far as I'm aware there are no openings for expats at the moment.This could change if they get short of experience etc.
If you are already in HK why not ask the CAD and see what they say.The worst that can happen is No.They have relaxed the rules about expats,and some have changed over to local terms.Worth a e-mail to CAD in Queensway.Good luck :ok:

Freehills
25th Jul 2007, 08:09
Wot, no French ATC controller jokes?

If you take away the strikes, how many years experience did she really have? :)

rhickling
25th Jul 2007, 08:40
She had so much time off she was always on holidays during the strikes ...

bekolblockage
25th Jul 2007, 11:57
rhickling
Check your PM.

GlueBall
25th Jul 2007, 11:57
Also, check at Macau [less ATC workload, less controller stress]; it's a Chinese SAR, but still a Portuguese enclave of sorts, . . . so her Euro passport my give her an advantage, jobwise. :)

rhickling
26th Jul 2007, 13:03
What is the organization which employs the Macau controllers? Any one know the website?