PDA

View Full Version : QR "short-listed"

CitationTen
23rd Jul 2007, 03:30
Hi,

Was wondering if anyone can provide any insight as to what the average time frame (lately) is from having your application "short-listed" until you're invited to an interview at QR? Has anyone ever been short-listed and have yet to be interviewed (ie - after months and months of waiting).

Many thanks for any info!

CitationTen
24th Jul 2007, 07:10
Anyone care to comment?

Watchdog
24th Jul 2007, 10:26
mine was 1 day! that was back in late 2005 as an A320 skipper. I ended up taking another job though. Good luck :ok:

Ya Hizir
24th Jul 2007, 14:39
dear citation,

may I ask you when you received the info about beeing "short listed"? I received it today....I am already looking for some prepartion stuff for the screening...any idea?

cheers

CI100
24th Jul 2007, 18:04
Qatari and short list? :eek: now that's funny...

No real pilot with enough brain would like to work for a company like Qatari. Don't get fooled with new shinny planes and so called 5 stars airline bs.

Now, if you have been rejected by EK, EY that is a diff stroy.

It's a great place to start your aviation life, get the exp. hours, type and bye bye....

They are begging pilots to come so when you mention ""short list"" you almost killed me from ...:O:}:O:}:O

ramiyns
25th Jul 2007, 13:05
THIS IS THE LATEST,
QATAR AIRWAYS STOPPED DEC NONRATED,EVEN THE ONES WHO PASSED THE INTERVIEW.
I HOPE THIS WILL NOT LAST LONG.:eek:

slam dunk 4
25th Jul 2007, 15:37
I am not DEC but also have received that short listed thing as well…applied as an non rated F/O...
What is it about? What’s the further procedure?

Any idea…

Thanks

Slammer

salamalikum2
25th Jul 2007, 15:49
Flyjets...Don´t forget that the salary upgrade here is like a desperated emergency procedure in order to try to prevent more people from leaving the company and to cope with the huge inflation here....(don´t even talk about the currency exchange rate problem, where you loose money every month, ..except vs U$(fixed rate))....:{
Cheers.

Flyjets
26th Jul 2007, 09:22
Yes u are right, but the salary can only improve in the future (never saw it going back in my life) ...
The airline is fairly recent, not all is working properly of course, but those who have been working for QR since a long time can say something on how it was 7/8 years ago and why they still belive in QR by staying on board ... maybe hard but also rewarding ?
Money is not everything in life ? Shinny airplanes are not everything for a pilot ? so what else...
QR is a fairly new airline,right now they are just floating (remember EK start up) I belive give them time ...
Cheers

slam dunk 4
28th Jul 2007, 06:14
hey guys,

what about my question? any idea???...

ironbutt57
28th Jul 2007, 06:22
They stopped the DEC non-rated?? When?? Several here have just headed over that way...are they in for a suprise???

brassplate
28th Jul 2007, 06:33
yep, so much for greener pastures. no point jumping from one ME carrier to another ME outfit. that's why i'm gonna be outa the region. besta luck to those faced with broken promises.

ironbutt57
28th Jul 2007, 06:45
Hope it goes okey for those who left for QR...thats been my motto as well BP unless the job disappears there is no point in "dune hopping" in my opinion....

serious flyer
2nd Aug 2007, 19:14
If it's true that they have stopped taking non-rated DECs, they're going on the opposite direction of the market, see KAL, and I'm sure it won't be easy for them to find rated DECs, to live on the hot sand pit and to face the Middle East way of managing an airline.
I was short listed on January 2006. Never got called for the interview. Got another job.
SF

slam dunk 4
16th Aug 2007, 20:50
ok guys,

i have received an invitaion as a non rated f/o in sept. in goha.

i ahve just 2 questions:

1.) what is the average take home pay as an F/O with QR
and
2.) how are these two days selection in doha? i mean what can i expect?

i send my application in early july.

thanks