PDA

View Full Version : Which would you choose, 1st time, 2nd time?

Miguel.
22nd Jul 2007, 17:30
I am little overwhelmed by the search option.

If YOU were to choose what route to undertake in order to get yourself in a position of flying commercially would you do the following or recommend the following;

1. Integrated - I understand this is all in one go an over 1.5 years.

2. Modular - Take as long as you need with constraints of family, funding etc etc

Whether you have been there done that. Or about to start. I would very much appreciate your replies. :)

captain_rossco
22nd Jul 2007, 17:55
The two are not a straight swap though are they.

Integrated is more expensive and will require 100% dedication, it cannot be done alongside work etc.

Modular is cheaper and more flexible, but weather we like it or not, less favoured by the airlines.

It has been covered so extensively on pprune i could write a paper on it.

If you have the money, and few commitments, then Integrated all the way, wish I could.

Best of luck (with the flying and future search efforts)

CR

wbryce
22nd Jul 2007, 19:31
modular is less favoured by airlines such as BA etc for low hour candidates....the likes or Ryanair etc couldn't give a toss where you trained or how you got your license.

Integrated looks good on paper, no doubt about it! so it would probably get you more interviews but this is not to say modular guys don't get invited to interviews, we all do and eventually lady luck strikes...

Based on a financial decision I would choose modular....same training, same tests, alot cheaper...you can also pick the FTOs with the best reputations, training at the likes of integrated school doesn't necessary mean their instructors are the best but on hindsight, if I was financially sound then I would choose integrated.