PDA

View Full Version : African Job Hunt

siggi-Iceland
29th Sep 2000, 18:14
My mate and me are going on a job safari to sub-saharan Africa. Both about 700 TT and 300 ME (PA 34 mostly), ICAO CPL/IR/ME and ATP frozen. The big Q is what countries are worth looking at in terms of work permits, license validations and jobs available? Anyone got any fresh news? I guess what I am looking for is a good starting point on the continent of Africa and I will take it from there.
Any good advice for hungry prospectors will be highly appreciated.

Thanks guys!

goaround7
29th Sep 2000, 18:38
'How to fly in Africa ?'
and
'CPL training in South Africa'

threads below have much of what you are looking for re. job opps, licences and work permits

siggi-Iceland
30th Sep 2000, 19:00
Thanks for you advice goaround7.

I am new at this website so maby I should have looked there first. I have read through what you pointed out and I found it very usefull. We are leaving for Kenya to start with and are going to take it from there. We think Kenia, Tanzania, Zimbabwe and Zambia are our best prospects. Anyone agree with that? We have about 700 TT/300 ME, do we stand a chanse? We would be happy with anything that gets up in the air. There is nothing at all going on in Iceland and europe is not giving anything until next year, or so they say. Besides I have always wanted to travel around Sub-saharan Africa.

Thanks again.

Siggi in Iceland.