PDA

View Full Version : Cheepest hour building in Africa?

motorhead
11th Dec 2000, 23:54
Obliged for any info re where I can buy some block hours as cheap as poss. in Africa. Having got the CAA frozen ATPL with 300hrs and a Shorts 360 rating I realize that I need to bring a 'few' more hours to the party. I don't care where or what I fly as long as its cheap and loggable.

Thanks

motorhead

Skybiter
12th Dec 2000, 00:25
If you could leave an address on this thread I'll get back to you with the number of a mate at Wonderboom who has a couple of C172s and a Beech Duchess and would give you a good deal on block hours. Around 30 to 75 Sterling per hour depending what you want to fly and that includes approach, landing and fuel. Might also have some gen on a paid enterprise if you're prepared to do a validation in South Africa.

clmax
12th Dec 2000, 18:17
Hey Skybiter, howzit going in central africa. I am off soon to where we were last. Have a good festive season. Cheers Clmax.

P.S. Goodluck Motorhead with hour building.

Skybiter
12th Dec 2000, 19:00
Hey Cl, you old faker. Have a lekker one down in smelly territory and don't get too carried away by the okes wiff big catties............

Remember to irritate the useless mountain goats!!

Spotcha inna long grass, boet............

P.S. How'd the ATP go this time? Hope ya got some more.

motorhead
14th Dec 2000, 08:59
Thanks Skybiter

Just the kind of gen I'm looking for.
My email: [email protected]

All the best

motorhead

SA ATCO
14th Dec 2000, 17:37
The Pietermaritzburg Aero Club has a C150 and two C172's at a good rate. C150 at SAR350/hour solo and SAR435/hour solo. I think the exchange rate is about 11 SAR's to the pound so you can get a good idea of what it will cost you. Their web site is
<A HREF="http://www.pmbaeroclub.co.za" TARGET="_blank">www.pmbaeroclub.co.za</A>

Hope it helps!

Shaker One
20th Dec 2000, 05:23
Still might be cheaper going to Florida!