PDA

View Full Version : Overloaded Aircraft Seized

The Unteleported Man
8th Dec 2000, 18:09
<A HREF="http://www.news24.co.za/News24/South_Africa/0,1113,2-7_951566,00.html" TARGET="_blank">Overloaded aircraft siezed</A>

Now here's a new angle from CAA.

------------------
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.

Cardinal Puff
11th Dec 2000, 16:55
Eh? What company again? I'm not too clued up on this but can the CAA just go and sieze assets belonging to an individual or a business? I thought wrongdoing had to be proven in a court of law first. Methinks we're in deep doo doo.................

Cardinal Puff
11th Dec 2000, 17:07
Sorry...

I'm getting to be as bad as the journalist who wrote that disjointed article. To put things more clearly, I thought Flightline had their licence revoked. If so what are they doing operating again or has it been reinstated? Once again how can they sieze assets? Any info would be most enlightening....

The Unteleported Man
11th Dec 2000, 21:23
I think they seize stuff the same way the cops do....

In other words if they have reasonable grounds to suspect that a crime has been committed then they ask a magistrate to grant a search and seizure order or similar. The commissioner has the power to secure evidence short term under certain circumstances.

------------------
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.

The Unteleported Man
21st Jan 2001, 10:37
CAA impounds overweight plane News24 (http://www.news24.co.za/News24/South_Africa/0,1113,2-7_968282,00.html)

Johannesburg - The Civil Aviation Authority impounded an aircraft at Johannesburg International Airport on Thursday night after finding the plane to be overloaded by almost 2 tons.

CAA spokesperson Jackie Mfeka said on Friday that the craft, a Grand Caravan, which is a Cessna used to transport cargo, was found to be carrying 1 914kg of excess weight.

The plane was released and "appropriate action will be taken," said Mfeka. She would not provide further details.

The CAA was conducting unscheduled ramp inspections at the airport when the overloaded craft was discovered. - Sapa

------------------

The Unteleported Man
19th Feb 2001, 20:39
<A HREF="http://www.caa.co.za/docs/pr/2001/pr0216.html" TARGET=_blank>CAA Suspends Pilot's Licence
Friday, February 16, 2001 </A>

Today the CAA suspended the Commercial Pilot Licence of a pilot. This follows contraventions relating to overloading and improper crewing of an aircraft.

The contraventions were revealed during an inspection conducted today at Johannesburg International Airport by the CAA's Flight Operations Department.

The suspension is effective from today, 16 February 2001, and remains in force until 3 March 2001.

"In light of the pilot's knowingly contravening the regulations, it was decided to suspend his licence," said Victoria Buxton, General Manager:Air Safety Operations.

Issued by:
Ms Jackie Mfeka
Manager: Communications
083-635-0019

------------------

B Sousa
20th Feb 2001, 10:14
Was that overloaded by 1914kg?? Only shows me its one hell of a good plane.............thank you Cessna........

Ernesto
20th Feb 2001, 21:35
Why is the name of the pilot not given ?

I think we ought to know.

Remember, the crew is always the first on the scene of the crash.