PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Endo Cost

The Kavorka
20th Jul 2007, 03:58
Speaking to new tiger f/o who starts shortly, I found out that they pay $25000 up front and another $25000 salary sacrificed....for their 320 endo

They also have to pay for their own uniforms, manuals, and do not get any crew meals whilst at work..(byo)

Salary around $90000-100000k max

Ok, Qf S/O's & F/O's it's now time to leave JQ alone and base your rant at this operation as it is getting nearer!!!!:ok: because I belieive they are the ones who put you at most risk......think about it, if they are successful GD is going to throw more JQ A/C at them at the cost of the QF 737 operation....

Erin Brockovich
20th Jul 2007, 04:08
Well I’m glad I didn’t by an $80 ticket. I can’t see Tiger getting off the ground with those offerings.

RENURPP
20th Jul 2007, 06:29
Is $100K for an F/O comparable to Jet* and Virgin. I was under the impression $100K was relatively not so bad??? for F/O. Keep in mind there was no comment about hours, callouts and the like
What does a captain get?
As for the other stuff...............

questil
20th Jul 2007, 07:19
I heard Fo was more like 110k to 120k, didnt know about unpaid uniforms as for unpaid meals isnt that standard?

THE IRON MAIDEN
20th Jul 2007, 10:58
fifty big ones?!

I thought 320/737 endos were around the $30,000 mark. What the other $20,000 for?

rsull
20th Jul 2007, 11:01
unpaid meals isnt that standard?
I cant believe this is standard.
What a joke. :ugh:
I see that Jetstar is making you pay for your own ASIC now.:ugh:
What next, are we going to have to pay for our own car parking at the airport. :yuk: :yuk:

Does anyone have any actual facts on Tiger Oz?????

THE IRON MAIDEN
20th Jul 2007, 11:12
Can someone remind me why I want to be an airline pilot?

ScottyDoo
20th Jul 2007, 12:20
For the chicks mate, for the chicks.....!!!!

The birds dig a uniform - just not a baggy, saggy pile of **** like they issue to the VB lads. Sorry guys!!! :p

THE IRON MAIDEN
20th Jul 2007, 13:32
TRUE!

thats the one thing about the Rat. atleast they dress like airline pilots

(althought, VB have the better looking cabin crews!)

questil
20th Jul 2007, 13:53
kick me I cant beleive i said no meal provisions is standard practice,
guess ive been brainwashed and put up with crap too long bloody hell
im going to drive a truck at a mine

pithblot
20th Jul 2007, 16:40
im going to drive a truck at a mine

Well questil, the coin driving a Haul Pac is as good, sometimes better. Haul Pac endorsements are free, so are the uniforms, ID cards, accommodation and the meals :}

cunninglinguist
20th Jul 2007, 18:37
Virgin senior F/O just north of $100K, salary sacrifice 33K ( ish ), ends up being 20K (ish ) sounds better than 35K ( ish ) :confused:
If F/O paid 60% of Capitain, wot happened to 200K for Skip, oh dear the toothless Tiger already showing its stripes :{

PS: Airline rate for Narrow body endo = 23K.............yes at Alteon, yes confirmed.

Gresley Pacific
20th Jul 2007, 22:01
Looks like Tiger might be trying something out of Ryanairs books then. All pilots at Ryanair in Ireland/UK/Europe (about 1200 of them) pay for their own uniforms and airport staff car parking (deducted from salary every month), bring their own sandwiches and/or hot meals to bung in the oven.......... and top up their days supply of water using their own container at the dispenser in the airside crew rooms prior to heading out to the a/c. If the pilots run out of this water during the days flying, which can often be 10 or 11 hours duty of 4 sectors with 25 min turnrounds...........then they have to either sit there and dehydrate or "buy" a bottle from the cabin at passenger rates. Am amazed that the Irish CAA (who "look after" Ryanair) allow this lack of suitable water supply in particular to happen, although hope that CASA would kick any suggestion of it into touch.

Visual Landing
20th Jul 2007, 22:42
Senior Vb F/o Approx 110k, under new eba min 11 rdo in 6 roster periods and 12 rdo per 28 days in 7 roster periods once new work rules kick in.

otto the grot
20th Jul 2007, 22:48
So who's the highest paid out of VB and J*? Who ever it is, Tiger have to beat it otherwise they won't get the pilots they need to take over the world.:rolleyes:

neville_nobody
21st Jul 2007, 06:06
and do not get any crew meals whilst at work..(byo)

So the first assumption will be that they are never going to overnight.

Secondly how does this one get past the old OH & S issue? You get up at say 0430 make a few sandwiches, throw them in the esky, and they then sit there for the next 7 hours or so, growing god knows what on them until consumed. Will they then ban you from bringing cold meat for lunch?

You have no access to fridges and or microwaves one would assume to. So how are you going to have dinner? How will you ensure your utensils will be clean?

Crew meals are prepared in a hygienic professional place and are stored properly, as a result it is highly unlikely that you will get food poisoning.

Bringing food and utensils from home, having it lay around for hours on end is not exactly a fantastic idea.

resboy
21st Jul 2007, 06:23
Quote "I see that Jetstar is making you pay for your own ASIC now."

I paid for my ASIC when I joined Qantas 5 years ago ... get over it

rsull
21st Jul 2007, 06:52
I paid for my ASIC when I joined Qantas 5 years ago ... get over it

But when you joined QF 5 years ago you didnt have to pay for your rating and were paid well.

Hell there is nothing wrong with paying for ASIC's and uniforms if the salary is good, but its not if its rock bottom! :ok:

takeonme
21st Jul 2007, 07:03
Quote:
Can someone remind me why I want to be an airline pilot?

Well I would if thought it was because you loved flying.
Obviously not. I get the impression alot of people here took on this gig for the uniforms and the money. Maybe the squashed dreams of raking in over 200K, the real reason you took up flying in the first place, is what is driving this intolerable tantrum.

What a load of whinging going on. Fair enough, I agree you shouldnt have to pay for your endorsement, but having a cry about having to bring your own lunch? Come on! Myself, and many mates, have worked and are still working on construction sites where the only food available was your cheese sanga you made that morning, sitting in an esky in the summer sun. Are you any more important to deserve anything better? Or do you just think you are? Join the rest of the workforce and get on with it.

120K is bloody good money. Stop crying. This isnt kindergarten.

cunninglinguist
21st Jul 2007, 07:49
" Crew meals are prepared in a hygienic professional place and are stored properly, as a result it is highly unlikely that you will get food poisoning "

:p:{:yuk:;), clearly you've never had crew catering from the people who do Jet* ( assume i cant use their name, defamation and all that crap )

dxbpilot
21st Jul 2007, 07:59
Is it tax deductable ? After the govement takes their 50% doesn't leave much !!!

neville_nobody
21st Jul 2007, 09:16
Takeonme you have obviously never worked 24/7 shift work as a pilot before have you?

Construction workers who get food poisoning don't jepardise the lives of 180 people. They can if they want go and buy food from either a smoko van or another outlet. If you are in a remote mining camp you get everything laid on........muppet:ugh:

THE IRON MAIDEN
21st Jul 2007, 10:01
TAKEONME ? .... OK

THE ISSUE is that Pilots are getting the raw end of the deal!

Let’s compare...

Tradesmen do an apprenticeship and get paid whilst learning
Pilot’s hand over upwards of $70,000 of their hard earned to learn to fly

After 2 or 3 yrs the apprenticeship is over and the tradesmen can make very good money.

After 2 or 3 years of and paying $70,000 you get to work in GA for another 2 to 5 yrs.. Earning little money etc etc we all know what GA is like

Then after that getting a gig on a shiny new jet.
Having to pay another $20,000 to $50,000 in endo costs and THEN have to buy their own uniforms and bring their own lunch or dinner!

THAT MAKES ME SICK! :yuk:

I’m not saying airline pilots are above god here, but everyone here will agree that the work, effort and sacrifice put in by these men and women to get in that jet is worthy of respect!

I don’t think any pilot would begrudge a Capt. earning $200k for having the responsibility of 1000's of people in their hands day in and day out!

WHAT Tiger and Deathstar are offering is nothing short of an insult!

Now as for ME. I love flying! I couldn’t think of any place I’d rather be than the pointy end of a 747, (providing it hasn't had its D check done in Singapore) My point is that the way pilots are treated is disgusting!

Can you tell me any other job where to be employed the employer makes you pay $30,000? Tell me of ONE other?!

You want to work on a construction site and eat cheese sangers? Mate be my guest! But while pilots have the responsibility of people’s lives in their hands, even something as trivial as a meal becomes important.

NOT to mention the utter slap in the face it is to them.