PDA

View Full Version : What path and where for private jet charters from ppl/cpl?

cubcaptain
20th Jul 2007, 01:34
Hey Guys,
I'm looking for some advice from some guys who have made it or are making it in this industry we're all trying so hard to get in on. As i've just started fulltime training after years of part-time.
I'm in the South Island of NZ and my ULTIMATE goal is to fly small jet charters.

I realise this is a fair few years away with me just about to start on my Cpl. I'd like some suggestions as to where to go on the way there?
I'll have my Cpl by the end of the year and then plan on getting my MEIR + possible multi c-cat, but am undecided as to either stay where i'm currently training to do it or to find somewhere that may offer me an ATO job after pumping in my 40 grand into their company as opposed to a possible instructors role? As i don't need a student loan (very generous, soon to be poor parents) there seem to be more options, i'm just not sure what?

Any help would be appreciated thanks :}

What time is ECT?
22nd Jul 2007, 08:08
If you are sure that there is a market for jet charters in NZ, then continue as planned. Were you meaning Turboprop or Turbojet charters? The best way is to be company pilot on their own aircraft.

Maybe you could suggest to the Government to invest in their own airline that you could fly - oh whoops, they already own ANZ. Maybe another corporate company that operates NZ wide and wants to have a good profile? Why not Fonterra or Toll Rail or someone like that?

Turbojet - only practical in the main centers
Turboprop - almost as fast with a better payload, range and flexability.

Back to the bugsmasher
ECT?

cubcaptain
23rd Jul 2007, 23:36
Like the ones Air National fly!?.... I realise it is an ultimate goal and theres a lot to do before i get there but a little help from from people in the know would be helpful? Thanks

Oh and don't even get me started on the government!??!!!....

Cypher
24th Jul 2007, 04:22
Check yer PMs