PDA

View Full Version : Any SAA6 people out there?

Say again s l o w l y
24th May 2000, 17:40
If so post a message as I'd like to see how you've all got along since leaving Adelaide.

props_are_for_boats
25th May 2000, 01:11
What are you talking about???????????

Say again s l o w l y
25th May 2000, 02:26
If you don't know then obviously this thred doesn't really concern you.
The relevant people should (I hope!) understand.

skyvan
25th May 2000, 20:25
I wonder why a UK based pilot is interested in the SAA cadet scheme? especially a course that is back home (I think).
If you would like, I'll try to get a brief rundown of their current where abouts, if that is what you need?

props_are_for_boats
25th May 2000, 21:57
Hmmm... thought it was about the cadet scheme. Know of a few cadets myself.

The Ant
25th May 2000, 22:09
I take it that SAA6 is the 6th SAA cadet course. Why dont you guys tell us a bit about it and what the course entailed etc...
Also what are your feelings about the ATP scam going on? As I understand it you guys had to write your ATP subjects in Australia.

Say again s l o w l y
25th May 2000, 22:32
Skyvan,
That would be much appreciated if you can.

The reason I'd like to know is that I trained in Aus with them for over a year. So I'm interested in where they've all ended up especially as there was some confusion before I left.

skyvan
26th May 2000, 00:51
Say Again, I'll make a phone call in the morning, and will post the details tomorrow. If they are the most recent course to return, then a few went to SA Express, a few more to SA Airlink, and one to Rossair Charter.
The Ant, the details of what goes on during the training is available on the SAA pilots website. The direct link is http://www.saapilots.com/cadet_training/cadete_trng.htm

We all waited with bated breath, to find out the results of the polygraph tests!!

skyvan
26th May 2000, 22:57
Say Again, 10 went to SA Airlink, to fly Jetstreams, one to Rossair, I believe for the Beech 1900.
Awards were: most improved cadet Arthur Phaswana
Best Cadet:Flying Rene Langeveld
Best Cadet Overall and Best Research Project Barbara Finatzer
Best Cadet: Academics Paul Lamond
First SAA course to have a 100% pass rate from Adelaide.
For them, the future is bright.

Say again s l o w l y
27th May 2000, 00:44
Cheers Skyvan. You've been a great help.

They all deserve to do well, the SA licence is a pretty difficult one, maybe even worse than our own.(Certainly some parts seem to be even less relevant to the real world!) So to get a 100% pass rate is pretty impressive.
Nice one boys and girls! :)