PDA

View Full Version : Newb Question: Flight Schools

goonboss
19th Jul 2007, 20:02
I am looking to take the full commercial pilots training and tests.

Would need the following:
NCAA, JAR-FCL, ATPL, CPL, IR, JAA

I am basically trying to find out where in the world this would be cheapest? I am sure there are many users here who can point me in the right direction.

I have heard that it is cheap to take these courses in South Africa, are these flight schools accredited? Maybe there are other places to take the courses.

Any and all help appreciated.

cfwake
19th Jul 2007, 20:21
hi mate
before anyone else shoots you down (!) read the sticky, enititled "Archive Reference Threads..." at the top of the board - it has all the information to get you started. it should take you about 6 years to read through, then any other questions feel free to post!!!

captain_rossco
19th Jul 2007, 20:54
Goonboss,

A gentle mix of USA/UK generally serves ones finances rather well, that said, you don't want to be persuing schools solely on the grounds of their cost.
I'd say it was fairly important (certainly in later training) that you choose the school that works best for you, there's no point saving a grand only to have to pay it back if you go over hours as a result of bad tuition etc.

Have a good look around the Prune, there's loads here.

Regards

CR

Ps. are you an Arsenal fan (as your name might suggest)? If so, you might want to think about a slightly less challenging career, f***ing gooners.

only kidding
:ok::ok::ok: