PDA

View Full Version : Sim prep share in the US

icarusone
19th Jul 2007, 17:53
Any interested in sharing sim time in the 747-200?

PM would be best.

Thank you.

windycity
19th Jul 2007, 19:22
send me a pm with your email or phone. My phone won't let me PM you.
Cheers,
windy

wolferj
20th Jul 2007, 14:34
strongly suggest Emerald Coast prep. ask for Graham Asherbrenner.
Great guy great instructor.

sdsaab
21st Jul 2007, 00:17
I am also interested in sharing sim time. PM me if you want.

SDSAAB

letsfly75
27th Jul 2007, 06:30
Honestly I wouldn't waste the money on buying sim time. I just interviewed and the sim flies like any other airliner. Its a little sluggish in roll but they tell you this and its actually not that strange. Pitch control is very responsive. If you have a decent steam guages scan and a good understanding of the Cathay sim profile you will be fine. I had my interview last week. Without any sim prep I had no problems. The winds are zero so if you can keep a heading you can fly the localizer. If you can manage an 800 fpm descent you will be dead nuts on the glideslope. Configuration changes do change the required attitude but its easy to trim for these. The sim is very easy to fly and if you fly the power setting and attitudes, which I understand are different from the practice sims, you won't have any problems. The sim flies like a heavy jet and therefore has a lot of momentum. They warn you of this and if you listen you will avoid over controlling. As someone who has done the sim I would say don't stress out about this. If you fly glass you might want to figure out how to get your scan back but I don't think its necessary to spend hundreds of dollars to rent a 747 sim.

junior_man
28th Jul 2007, 14:25
You have spent how much time and money on your career? Now may not be the best time to save that extra $700.
Practice will always make you better. around 70% of the people who do not get hired failed the sim.

sdsaab
31st Jul 2007, 23:20
My interview is Oct 10-11. I am still looking for someone to split the sim prep. I would prefer to meet sometime in late Sept. PM me.

SDSAAB

icarusone
4th Aug 2007, 00:21
bumpty bump

asapilot
5th Aug 2007, 15:49
I am also interested in sharing some sim time. I have scheduled time with Graham (Emerald coast) in Miami at the end of August. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Thanks.

randyjapan
6th Aug 2007, 02:11
I would be interested in sharing some sim time. I have the 2nd interview the first week of September.

DC10FO
13th Aug 2007, 01:06
Hey I have mine on Sep 3rd and 4th, maybe I'll see you there. I'm flying out of LAX on Sep 1st at 0150 local time. have you been able to get a copy of your FAA records faster than 6 weeks?

Dave

nicale
13th Aug 2007, 01:47
Anybody wants to share a sim time please PM me. I will do it last week of AUG with Ashenberner.

randyjapan
20th Aug 2007, 03:52
Did you get some sim time Dave? I will be leaving the day after you from LAX as well. Good luck!! Hope it goes well for you.
Randy

dustyprops
21st Aug 2007, 09:07
Honestly boys, don't waste your money! If you are flying any kind of airplane regularly now then flying a 747-200 sim for a couple of hours isn't gonna help. They only do basic flying stuff, an engine out approach and an all engine approach. Besides, you may get the -400 sim if the classic is being used or broken. Then what. I was flying a glass cockpit boeing before i arrived at this hell hole and found the classic sim straight forward to fly, takes a few minutes to get the scan back, but they give you that time. I got the job, and regretted it ever since. Most of those who joined with me have gone elsewhere now, and i have now lost all hope that things will improve. THINK VERY CAREFULLY BEFORE LEAVING THE JOB YOU HAVE. THIS IS NOT THE HOLY GRAIL, BELIEVE ME!!!!!!!

++++++refer to fragrant harbour forum, they, like me are real people++++ ++++++++++++++++++++suffering inhumanly+++++++++++++++++++++

texas145
21st Aug 2007, 19:07
Dusty, we read so much of that here. Any recommendations on where you'd rather be instead of just: don't come here? We're not there yet, help us out!:)

dustyprops
22nd Aug 2007, 08:33
Hey texas, alot of your fellow country folk here seem pretty confident that they can get themselves employment back in the U.S. now, and that the market has picked up somewhat. Failing that, EK seems to be a popular choice at the moment.

All i am saying is that if you have any kind of half-assed job flying right now, then think very very hard before you commit to this lot. I am telling you it is like nothing you could imagine. I know the allure of flying a -400 is a strong one but that is what they count on. in a recent pay proposal (the first on in 6 years) they offered our American brothers a big shiney 0%, yet offered the Europeans 4%!!!!!!!!!! 'What is that?' you may ask, well that is how much they value your services and that is what is called 'The Cathay Way!!' and as for some of the training dept........!!!!

If you have nothing at present then yeah, something is better than nothing, otherwise.....be warned.

TWINGLOBES
22nd Aug 2007, 09:01
You can always try the water at Cathay and if you do not have heavy jet time, let CX provide it. UPS and FedEx seem to be where most NA are going and will like the experience.

icarusone
25th Aug 2007, 02:57
Anyone interested a scheduled sim (747-200) this monday the 27th in miami?

send a pm.

ASH1111
28th Aug 2007, 15:42
Looking to split sim time on the -200 sometime in October, would like to go with Graham. Anyone who is interested drop me a PM.

axeman1011
31st Aug 2007, 16:37
I read some posts from guys at Cathay that love it and then read those that warn others to stay away. I have an interview in HK for DEFO U.S. and am wondering what life at CX is like on that side.... Any input would be great. I have a great job right now (just waiting on an upgrade so the pay can take off) with loads of benefits here at NJA and it's killing me trying to figure out which move would be better: stay or try CX?

sdsaab
1st Sep 2007, 19:12
I am still trying to schedule some sim prep in September as my interview is Oct 10. Graham is really busy and the sims are packed this month. I may have to go to Alteon in SDF or FTI in Denver. If anyone has a sim scheduled and you want to split the time/cost, PM me. Thanks

SDSAAB