PDA

View Full Version : tech quizz for Rex

moga
19th Jul 2007, 09:35
Anyone privy to content of tech quizz for Rex recruitment?
tks

The Bullwinkle
19th Jul 2007, 12:09
Question 1. Do you hold a Commercial Pilots Licence?

End of questionaire.

Mr. Hat
19th Jul 2007, 12:44
there was one more..

2. Have you ever considered a career in aviation?

Erin Brockovich
20th Jul 2007, 03:49
You forgot the ones at the top of the page…..

Name?

ARN (if you have one yet)?

No of Fingers?

Do you have your parents consent to be here today?

halfmoon
20th Jul 2007, 05:57
Know your abbreviations. RAIM was one of them, about 6 in total.
Weight and Balance. Bring a calculator otherwise you may not finish it. (your not allowed to use one in there but sneak it in) Critical Point. alternate weather. min fuel from TAF. TTF's
TAS calculations from CAS.
climb gradients.
I can't remeber anymore but you'll need 45min to complete it and thats all the time you get.

Capt Wally
23rd Jul 2007, 07:56
...some years ago now REX, actually the former name interviewed around 15 of us (me being one of them). The usual HR questions, the usual ops questions from a line driver then the tech exam. That part was a little silly all things considered but get this.........they where at the time seeking quite a few new drivers, out of the 15 which comprised of very skilled hrs wise twin tirbo prop multi crew folks & some jet drivers.................two got offered positions.............both had multi piston single pilot twin time with lowish experience & hrs, (good luck to them anyway)..............the rest of us where sent the usual letter..........thanks but no thanks!!........now their paying for it..sorry for the thread drift but they actually did us 13 leftovers a favour...........they went under not too long after that & emerged REX.......with all it's inhouse problems.

Capt Wally........PHewwwwwwww:-)

PA39
23rd Jul 2007, 10:48
Have you got your taxi license

Have you got your RSA certificate

moga
24th Jul 2007, 22:36
thank you for your information,it is much appreciated.Do u get a job with Rex or living in the States?
regards Don

moga
24th Jul 2007, 22:39
Ironic, we must have been through the same exercise ie Kendalls',needless to say I was too good for them.
Glad you found a better position.

halfmoon
24th Jul 2007, 22:41
I still haven't heard from them after 3 weeks. They don't even have the courtesy to notify me in mailing after I spent my time and money travelling to melbourne for the interview.
6+ years flying saabs... turned down by rex. what a joke!

Cool banana
29th Jul 2007, 12:32
Here is a couple of questions from the written exam.

· Definitions: ASDA, RVSM, SSR, PCN, RAIM

· Given a CAS = 200 KTS at FL200 ISA what is TAS?

· You conduct a missed approach in the SAAB with the critical engine inoperative what
gradient is required.

· What is the take - off minima for the SAAB at RWY 16 at Melbourne.

· You are climbing at the airspeed for maximum rate of climb. As altitude increases what
happens to this airspeed.

· A swept wing has the same area/span as a normal wing. To create the same amount of
lift it has to be flown at a higher/lower/same angle of incidence.

· An ASDA should allow a SAAB? To reject a take-off and come to a stop when an
engine failure:
1. occurs at V1
2. after V1
3. V1 plus recognition time
4. V1 plus 2 seconds

· Given loading info about SAAB including fuel flows and company reserves, together
with a flight from Broken Hill to Adelaide with 23 Males, 8 females and 2 children
using standard weights.

1 Calculate fuel required (pounds)
2 Calculate amount of baggage/freight you can take based on fuel figure above.
3 Assume the required fuel was 1615lbs due to wind change® What amount of
baggage/freight can you now take.
4 Calculate the CP between Broken Hill and Adelaide as a distance from Adelaide.

Had a question on the weather radar requirements for the SAAB on an RPT service

The Kavorka
30th Jul 2007, 01:06
I think they have added a Q on how many casual days are you prepared to work for :mad: all because we have no pilots left!!!