PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Andrew Fliton?

big buddah
15th Sep 2000, 03:17
Any info on Andrew Fliton would be great used to work for Streamlined in J'burg.
I don't think the company exists any more.
Thnaks.

Was that for us?
15th Sep 2000, 10:07
Your username is irreverent, and offensive in the extreme.

[This message has been edited by Was that for us? (edited 15 September 2000).]

tatenda shamwari
15th Sep 2000, 13:13
wtfu
gee thats a helpful response.
got out the wrong side of the bed?

suggest you go through all the user names, sure to be more offensive one

grow up & get life - m***n

[This message has been edited by tatenda shamwari (edited 15 September 2000).]

Was that for us?
15th Sep 2000, 13:59
Are you saying that just myself as a Buddhist is a moron or are you stating all Buddists are morons?

Wiz
15th Sep 2000, 14:44
Buddha. From the Sanskrit root budh, literally "to wake, wake up, be awake." Sanskrit was the elite language of the Aryan tribes who migrated to South Asia sometime in the second millennium B.C.E. Various forms of this root, budh, appear in the oldest Sanskrit literature of the Vedas, the sacred texts of the Aryans (c. 2nd to 3rd millennia B.C.E.). The original form of the term was also meant to imply the recovery of consciousness (as after a swoon), or to become aware, etc. The adjective buddha is found already in the epic texts of the Mahabharata, the Indian equivalent to the Odyssey, with the meaning "intelligent, wise, learned." The Buddhist name Buddha meaning an "awakened one" refers especially to Shakyamuni, a prince of the Shakya tribe and the founder of "Buddhism." But apparently the Buddha was not referred to as "Buddha" by his followers and students during his lifetime; rather, he was generally called "Bhagavat", or "Lord."

Stuart Smithers is a Contributing Editor to Tricycle and Professor of South Asian Religion at the University of Puget Sound.

Was that for us?
15th Sep 2000, 16:19
Your point being?

Kiwi Flyer
15th Sep 2000, 21:20
Hey Big Buddah, oops I mean Big B****h.
(Can you believe these people, give him a yellow poncho and a can of petrol.)
Saw Andrew about a month ago up here, think hes still around, maybe NAC in Jo'burg.
(Then a match....boooomf...)

If I see him, I'll get him to email you

Wiz
15th Sep 2000, 22:43
If you're offended perhaps you should present an argument to explain why and BB can respond. 'Buddah' does not seem to be a deity to Buddists and the use of the name 'Buddah' is not necessarily blasphemous. For instance there are many people Islamic people call 'Mohammed'.

I see you didn't re-register to cater for 'wasthatforus'...

I'm not lookin' for a fight here...

Was that for us?
16th Sep 2000, 01:28
WIZ. FYI I tried to change my username but couldnt
and I did inform the other wtfu?.
I wont discuss Buddah or Buddism on this forum which seems to be frequented by many Philistines.

The Guvnor
16th Sep 2000, 06:30
Mike, you need to practice some more of those Zen relaxation techniques you said you used at the time of the conflict with our friend in DBN ... otherwise you're in very grave danger of going http://smilecwm.tripod.com/dvv/cwmboom2.gif !

------------------
:) Happiness is a warm L1011 :)

Was that for us?
16th Sep 2000, 09:25
I rest my case!

big buddah
17th Sep 2000, 06:47
was that for us,
pull your head you loser!!!!!!!

If you want me to get offensive I sure can but I don't see the point you sum your own life up in what you said loser!!

Good old kiwi, maybe I should send him a yellow poncho and with the high fuel prices woundn't want to waste my money on a loser!!!

kiwi flyer next time you see him grab a e-mail address and send it to me.
Cheers

Was that for us?
18th Sep 2000, 00:22
Your response is as I would expect.

Grizzly Bare
18th Sep 2000, 00:35
For shame guys.
This is a tasteless and disgusting display.

The Guvnor
18th Sep 2000, 20:37
Here's one for you, Mike - now, just r e l a x

http://www.mg.co.za/mg/madameve/2000/07/me20000717.gif

------------------
:) Happiness is a warm L1011 :)

big buddah
21st Sep 2000, 09:14
always on the move, never going anywhere and no idea where.

AMEX
26th Sep 2000, 15:41
hey kiwi flyer! Hear you spent some time in Bots.Was there in 96-97 any chance I know you (could you be wee wee?).

big buddah
27th Sep 2000, 02:50
probably not he started start of 99

AMEX
27th Sep 2000, 20:33
Thanks BIG buddha. Will try the contact forum then http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

JFO
8th Oct 2000, 22:03
Andrew now works for ROSSAIR CONTRACTS and is presently in Libreville. He left STREAMLINE (now part of NAC) in June.

big buddah
9th Oct 2000, 00:29
JFO,
thanks alot, you wouldn't have a e-mail address for him like to catch up or know how I can get one?