PDA

View Full Version : Anyone starting at Flybe end of the month?

flyer19832007
19th Jul 2007, 00:05
Hey guys and gals, had the news a few days ago that i got the job with flybe on the Q400, start at the end of the month, am reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllyyyyyyy happy!:ok:

Anyone else joining me in EXE on the 30th?

Flyer.

sjg600
19th Jul 2007, 20:05
not yet, but hopefully!
i have a sim check on sunday! any words of wisdom? would be greatly appreciated

flyer19832007
20th Jul 2007, 01:24
sjg600 check your PM, hope it helps and good luck!

mlee
22nd Jul 2007, 12:41
Flyer19832007 congratulations on landing your first job, bet you are one very happy guy!!:D

I'm currently coming towards the end of acquiring my fatpl and will be looking to fill in the Flybe application, any advice would be very much appreciated.

Regards Mark.

flyer19832007
22nd Jul 2007, 16:11
Hey mark, Where are you doing your training? Modular or Integrated?
If its integrated push for a recommendation as thats how I got the interview, and ultimately the Job. Also if its a 1-stop modular programme they also accept recommendations from your FTO. Its a far quicker turnaround via this route, where as applying through the website can take a little longer, currently sifting through approx 800 applications so you can imagine it to be a few months, however they do endeavour to give you a response as quickly as possible as to whether they want to interview you so you can hold out, or move on. Thats the great thing about flybe they understand the situation everyone is in so they try to do things as quickly as possible.

As for the application, itself, this came from Capt Cheese himself so take note.

1-Print out the application so you know exactly what information is required from you on the application, no suprises then.
2-Write the whole lot in MS word and spell check it, if you can't spell then it sends the wrong impression, or if you can spell but do nothing to correct the error then same thing.
3-Make sure all your information is upto date and correct i.e if you haven't done an MCC you wont be elligible, even if you have one booked, finish it before applying. One guy got to the interview and it was clear he hadn't done the MCC, nedless to say he never got the job.
4-If there are any questions where they ask you to give an example of what you did, give and example of what YOU did and NOT a mate of yours! (it has happened)
5-The whole application takes around 3 hours to fill in I think so make sure that you have a good internet connection and a computer that doesnt crash, the last thing they want is a million phone calls saying the system crashed....is it their problem?
6- Finally only fill in 1 application! They can easily see if you have submitted more than 1 application and they discount the lot of them.

The application itself is the start of the selection procedure so be accurate, honest and you will get the Interview. Don't try yo fool them as you will get caught out and it reflects badly on your character, everyone wants their first job so much it can cause some irregular behaviours in all of us, however they just want to see if you can follow some simple instructions. Do this and you will be fine.

Hope this helps,

Flyer.:ok:

r2_unit
23rd Jul 2007, 08:43
sjg600,

How'd the sim check go fella? :ok:

flyer19832007
23rd Jul 2007, 15:40
Hey SJ, have you heard from Flybe as yet?

My friend had his sim check on saturday and was told today he starts with me at the end of the month.

hope you hear soon mate and will also be joining us soon.

Flyer.

sjg600
24th Jul 2007, 21:32
got the nod yesterday! i guess i'll be seeing you guys sunday night at the hotel or mon morn!:ok:

flyer19832007
24th Jul 2007, 22:24
good lad glad to hear it! See you sunday!

Jetgate
24th Jul 2007, 23:19
Well done sjg600, I guess they will be adding your name to the 'TBC' slot on the Induction Plan I received a few days ago!!!!! It's going to be a full house and more the merrier.... I'll be seeing you boys Sunday night or Monday morning.

PM if you want to meet up on Sunday night, hoping to arrive at the hotel around 19:00.

Well done again to all :ok:

DJ

flyer19832007
25th Jul 2007, 02:17
Well done Jetgate! Q400 or 145? where are you being based? Me and my friends are all on the isle of man! lol, not sure about SJ.

Will see you sunday at the hotel, us three will be the ones at the bar by 9.....few quiet ones ofcourse so as not to be up late! lol

If not, i'll see you monday and put a names to all these different usernames, lol.

Well done again.

Flyer.

Jetgate
27th Jul 2007, 00:50
Hey Flyer

I'm on the Barbie Jet and if I get sent to the Isle of Bloke a divorce would be on the cards as I've taken my family to two Crown Dependencies back to back in the last two years..... Hopefully BHX or MAN!

I'll be sure to find the three of you on Sunday night.

Adios