PDA

View Full Version : Bad Rumours?

BAKELA
13th Sep 2000, 22:20
I't has been said that the third carrier operating the golden triangle has not paid pilots and so forth at the end of August.

It has also been said that simulator training in the same airline has been cancelled (due to simulator unserviceability) and that the new pilot employees (due to get simulator training) were told there's no contract - so bug off!

Any comments on this one? I really hope this is not true.

Bakela

MileHi
14th Sep 2000, 14:28
The 3rd airline....?

The Guvnor
14th Sep 2000, 16:48
SOPs for Vermin, that ... just ask anyone that flew for him on the UN contracts prior to the time he got delusions of grandeur! And that problem is exacerbated when you have someone like HS running the show - how was deeply implicated in missing funds from Phoenix but managed to get out from under the OSEO investigation by rolling over on his erstwhile partner in crime, Richard Gain... :) :)

------------------
:) Happiness is a warm L1011 :)

Wiz
15th Sep 2000, 10:35
V may deserve this but there are a lot of pilots who need this work. Lets hope it doesn't do a wheels up like Sun...

MileHi
15th Sep 2000, 21:23
Oh..... Apronwide!

Intheslot
17th Sep 2000, 19:14
I seem to remember a similar smear campaign against a regional airline as little as a year ago(to the month). Things were said that were not entirely true and wham bam it closes.Funny how these things come out when someone starts threatening the big boys hey? I have heard that since Sunairs demise N\W has had an inc in market share. I wonder if some of the others can claim the same? They must have had some inc 'cos Sunair threw 50000 pax a month at the market, but I wonder how much of it was gained through merit and how much through default. I think Aug is a tough month for all airlines but it must be a lot easier if the taxman picks up the tab!!

tired
20th Sep 2000, 00:49
Yeah, quite right, Intheslot - Spoories is too sleg to win pax share fairly so they have to resort to dirty tricks.

Have they had any more J class pax getting off those blerry awful -800s because J class looks like Y?