PDA

View Full Version : Multiflight??

blueskybird
18th Jul 2007, 15:21
Hi every1, I've recently passed my class 1 medical, and i am currently working out my plan of action.
I was wondering if anyone has done the ab initio atpl course with multiflight? what they thought of it and how much on top of the £29,950 they needed in the end?
my probelm is, im not sure whether i should just save up the £29,950 Multiflight charges for the course over the next 3 yrs and then do it, or,
do it bit by bit over the next 3 yrs, starting with a fast track ppl in florida next year.
my thinking is, would the multiflight option be better because the training would be continuous and all my focus would be on the course, whereas if i start doing the training bit by bit, i'll still be working full time and have to keep all the different time constraints of the different stages of training in mind.

if anyone has any advice or suggestions i'd really appreciate it.

many thanks ;)

bri1980
18th Jul 2007, 15:48
Send off to Multiflight for the paperwork about this course. When you do you will find that for everything they suggest you budget £38k.

Hope that helps at least in part.

veetwo
18th Jul 2007, 15:56
Blueskybird,

If you intend to make flying your profession then I would guard against doing the "fast track" course out in Florida, especially during the first 50 hours when you will need to develop many of the good habits and techniques which will see you through the rest of your training.

I fundamentally disagree with these courses which try to cram everything in to 21 days. Its a cost saving exercise which concentrates primarily on getting you through in the minimum hours rather than training you to be a safe pilot. Its just not enough time for everything to sink in properly, especially if you plan to do all 7 ground exams in that time as well. I certainly don't think you'd be ready to take on the complexities of UK airspace (especially the class D around a busy field such as Leeds) without further training back in the UK.

The other thing I would mention is that the feedback that I have heard suggests that Airlines do not look as favorably on people who have done their entire modular training in America. If you're going to go modular, my suggestion would be to try and do it all at one school in the UK, and maintain as much continuity of training as possible, that is, try to keep flying once you've started.

As for Multiflight, I did my PPL there and the instruction was excellent. I also had one of their instructors for a couple of my MCC sims and he was excellent too. Only thing I'd say is that if you're going to do the CPL and IR training here you will find the weather is a real problem at Leeds, so budget some extra time for those club house days ;)
Good luck!

V2

YYZ
18th Jul 2007, 17:42
I did my CPL & IR with Multiflight, all great instructors, and now they have an extra twin there should be no problem with aircraft availability?

However, as already said, ensure you have plenty of spare time and cash, the WX at LBA is not good, but you do learn allot because of it, your IR should run to cost but everyone I know who trained with me ran well over on the CPL price due to various reasons? So, no different to any other school in that aspect really..

Enjoy
YYZ

blueskybird
18th Jul 2007, 21:13
thanx every1, i have emailed multiflight and they immediately sent me back all the info...how efficient! i will continue to research all the available avenues, shant make any hasty decisions.

happy landings all! :ok:

~ blueskybird ~

bri1980
19th Jul 2007, 06:45
Once you have the info don't forget to delve into the hidden extra costs as you would with any FTO. Flight to and from USA, Landing fees/approach fees/navigation fees/extra hours etc.

As has been reported-Multiflight are very well organised, but nobody can do anything about the Leeds weather. The field is 682 feet up in the hills and strong wind/rain/low cloud are commonplace. Even on a perfectly clear (cloudless) day the visibility can stop VFR.