PDA

View Full Version : Aviation Assistance

agwagon
14th May 2000, 05:13
Could anyone help me with contact details for an outfit called Aviation Assistance, operating in Africa using Beech 1900D`s on UN contract work.I think they are a Swedish company headquartered in Europe.cheers.

XpressOne
15th May 2000, 13:03
Could be Danish ? see
http://www.rfk.dk/KLRnyt/tlfliste.htm

and
http://www.deta-trend.com/press_033099.html

agwagon
15th May 2000, 14:08
Thanks Xpress, at least thats a start, any further info gtreatly appreciated, cheers. Agwagon.

NdekePilot
15th May 2000, 22:40
Howzit Agwagon,
Sorry to have taken so long, I didn't realise that I actually hed the address.
Aviation Assistance, Copenhagen Airport Roskilde, DK-4000 Roskilde, Denmark.
Tel: 46 19 10 33
Fax: 46 19 03 21
I don't know if it is still accurate as I copied it out of one of those aviation company directory books.
Hope it is what you need,
Cheers,
N.P.

jack Rabbit549
16th May 2000, 06:03
Does anybody know the address, phone number or email of Airbridge ltd they are based in Kenya? Seems they are hooked up with Aviation Assistance. Also what is the job scene like for a Pilot in Arfica now with over 1500 total time and multi??

Thanks guys

agwagon
16th May 2000, 08:28
Thanks Ndeke`, i managed to speak to someone from A` Assistance, it would be good to get in touch with the boys from Aerobridge in Kenya and have a yarn to them, any ideas??. thanks.

Max Torque
19th May 2000, 03:50
Aviation Assistance, Roskilde Airport, Denmark
+45 46 14 16 00
Airbridge is a subsidary of AA, based in Kenya.
AB operates 1900's and 200's on Kenyan reg. for the UN and ECHO (EU). Haven't got the telephone number here, but it is in the NBO directory. Probably best to look here if you want to fly in Africa. Would involve Kenyan validation/working permit.
AA operates Danish reg. 1900/200 for UN/ICRC in various places in Africa and Central Asia. You will need either a Danish or a JAA ATPL/CPL cert. or a very substantial (1000+)number of hours on type as P1 (to be validated). Customer rules are fairly high with regard to min. TT, so 2000+ is required here. P2 with AA is a non-starter, as they have enough homegrown to cover this.
Their ops are strictly two-pilot with full CRM and leg for leg flying. The skill test for the validation is quite tough and it is only valid for twelve months. I think I can safely say that this is not a company to build hours in - however the work is quite interesting and the pay is reasonable.
Yes, and I do work for them.
Y'all have a nice day.