PDA

View Full Version : Proper visa to the US

S. Dumont
17th Jul 2007, 21:50
Dear friends,

I'm supposed to pick up an aircraft for ferry from the US to S. America in a very near future and I have a question in terms of Visa. I already have a tourist/business visa (B1/B2), but I do not have a D visa for flight crew. I am entering the country through regular commercial flight, but I am leaving it as flight crew.

What would be the proper VISA that I need to use for this situation? Would a Business visa work, since I am arriving as a regular passenger?

Best regards!

FlyMD
17th Jul 2007, 23:09
B1/B2 is fine for what u are doing. If challenged just tell the immigration officer that it's a private flight you'll be doing.

From experience, Immigration much prefers hearing a simple lie than a complicated truth..

18th Jul 2007, 09:10
I have a B1 visa and have no problems operating into the US. It realy depends on who you meet at the border.

Only once [last year] was I questioned as to why i didn't have a Crew visa. As we operate a privately owned A/C I don't require one. A few phone calls later he said "I'll let you in this time".

Departing doesn't really matter anyway - as long as you post back your entry permit.