PDA

View Full Version : Accident Investigaqgtion course in SA?

fart
10th Sep 2000, 17:25
Can anyone tell me if one can do a Accident Investigation Course in SA? Does the SAAF still do these and can a civilian participate or not?

Any idea if the CAA has a website where I can download copies of my licences? I am working outside the country at the moment and need to have copies, preferable official ones.
Thanks

Wiz
11th Sep 2000, 10:09
They don't provide copies of licences. Your best bet is to photocopy and get them certified.

BAKELA
13th Sep 2000, 21:39
Hi Fart,

Several bodies tried getting an SA Accident Investigation Course going in the past couple of years. All of them were full of promises but nothing materialized. Maybe it's something to look into again.!!?? Nothing going at the moment that I know of. Sorry. The SAAF ain't into at present as far as I know.

As Wiz said, the CAA website does not allow copies of licences. Best bet is to get somebody local to go to the CAA and get certified copies. If you don't have anybody close around Pretoria let me know. Might just be able to help. No promises though.

Bakela.

fart
15th Sep 2000, 10:04
Thanks guys, your help was greatly appreciated. Looks like things are going downhill back home in the aviation industry. I still think SA are considered top notch overseas, but how long is that going to last? Let us hope for the best!
Cheers