PDA

View Full Version : RPL - advice

GLGNDB
17th Jul 2007, 15:19
Looking into the possibility of using RPL's for some of my company's routes, and would like some advice.

We currently file on the day, and include the a/c reg in the FPL file strip.

What is the best method of adding a/c reg into an RPL - via maybe an update to the existing filed FPL on the day?

What benefits do you derive from using RPL compared to filing on the day?

Cheers.

monkey lover
22nd Jul 2007, 13:10
Hi, I guess the type of routes you want to use for RPL's will be short and you are unable to vary the route due to the RAD etc, these are the only ones worth using an RPL for. To be honest I would leave your filing to on the day, this way you can guarantee what is filed is what is in the drivers hand. With the monthly AIRAC cycle changes, managing the RPL's will become a ball ache because not only will you have to keep your route database updated you will create more work with updating your RPL's too. The only benefit for RPL's is if you have a systems / communications error and cant file, at least you will have a plan in the CFMU system. As for adding a tail number I suppose the easiest way will be by sending a CHG message ?
All the best ML

crjlover
27th Jul 2007, 08:13
I work for a regional airline with 19 airplanes (so we are a little bigger than your company), and we have just switched from RPL to manual filling (actually done automatically by the system). RPL are good if your schedule are very very stable.Than you have to consider that if need to change your route in the RPL it take at least a week; so in that week you have to change it manually every day.