PDA

View Full Version : Just want an opinion from current pilots

G-HALE
17th Jul 2007, 14:10
Hello,

I would just like current airline pilots opinions on my chosen JAA frozen ATPL training route and what you think of it!

Hour bulding and JAA CPL ME to be completed at OBA,Florida,

JAA MEIR to be completed at Aerofan,Spain

JAA MCC to be completed with Parc,Ireland.

I have chosen this route as I can not afford modular CPL/MEIR training here in Ireland or the UK.
Those this route that I have chosen mean i'll find it really hard to get a job with an irish or UK airline?

Thanks for the opinions/advice people :ok:

Regards,
G-Hale

phillpot
17th Jul 2007, 17:40
Sorry im not an airline pilot yet, however I know for a fact at least one airline point blank refuses to interview anyone who has completed training at various different schools, thats if you are intending to present for interview fresh out of school if you were to go to an airline with experience this airline quoted 750 hrs then perhaps it would be a different matter. Just how you gain that experience he didnt elaborate!!!!!!

willby
17th Jul 2007, 18:27
HI G Hale,
I am not a pilot but my son is and he followed much the same modular route as you are contemplating. The only slight difference was he did the MEIR at PTC Waterford. He is now flying FO on a 737. I know of at least ten others who trained the modular route around the same time as my son and they are all in flying jobs.
Willby

bluepeely
17th Jul 2007, 20:30
phillpot which airline is that?

CAT3C AUTOLAND
17th Jul 2007, 20:38
G-HALE,

This really is not something to be concerned about. The thing you will find throughout your training it is not as clear cut as you may think. Remember, along the way you are going to meet alot of different people and experience different things.

The bottom line for all pilots to employers, is do they meet the requirements, i.e. are all the ticks in the right boxes, where you did your training is of little relevance.

One thing you have to appreciate, which I am sure you do already, is that, you and a fair number of other people will have the same licence and the same experience, and at the end of the day it is a competition. My advice to you is try and think beyond what you will do once you have finished your training to help gain your experience. You may walk straight into an airline job, however that does seem to happen to a minority of people.

When I joined my first airline I had just under 1000 hours, and having that extra experience gave me something to talk about at the interview :).

Good luck with it mate.

With regard to what Phil said, there are VERY few airlines, if any, that will not take you from not doing your training all at one school.

phillpot
17th Jul 2007, 21:38
Bluepeely will pm the answer to your question.

dartagnan
17th Jul 2007, 21:48
do you expect an answer now, or an answer in 2-3-4-5 years?

I say that cuz the market may be different in the futur. nobody can really answer to this question. Maybe you will find a US lady , have kids and you will fly for american airline .
who knows?all I can say, the road to be an airline pilot is hard, unfair, and it cost a lot .

good luck.

wire12
17th Jul 2007, 22:37
that's true

G-HALE
18th Jul 2007, 19:26
Thanks for the replys people! Keep them coming :ok:

camel toe
19th Jul 2007, 10:35
I am not an expert but I have been listening to the hubbub in these areas for quite some time. I have also had the pleasure of chatting first hand to a couple of UK based airlines, this has included newly recruited pilots and the chaps and ladies involved in the recruitment process. I'm sorry to say that the hymn sheet definitely reads "one training provider".

I can't imagine this is a set rule (I know of a chap flying for a UK airline, low hours and different modular schools), I'm just saying that if you do have the choice, even if it involves a bit of extra cash saving then try and stick to one place.

Best of luck

Camel Toe
"Over Macho Grande?"

captain_rossco
19th Jul 2007, 11:15
by 'one provider', presumably one means for the ME/CPL/IR? surely any training prior to this is just part of the process?