PDA

View Full Version : B727 positions in Africa

ESSPWR
24th Apr 2000, 11:06
Hi everyone,

Any info on B727 FO positions in Africa would be appreciated. Short/long term. Total is 2300 hrs with 500 on type.
E-mail: [email protected]

Many thanks & happy landings.

ESSPWR.....

tyrant
24th Apr 2000, 20:39
Hi ESSPWR, There are two predomenent operators of 727's in South Africa.
1 is British Airways operated by Comair, i think they have 2. The other is Safair, i'm not sure how many they have but they specialize in contracting. for safair try www.safair.co.za (http://www.safair.co.za)

Happy Hunting

ESSPWR
25th Apr 2000, 00:44
Hi Tyrant,

Many thanks for your info. Will check it out when I return from work.

Regards,

ESSPWR.......

skyvan
25th Apr 2000, 19:37
Don't forget Nationwide, with 2 or 3 of them, although they seem to be phasing them out, replacing them with B737-200s.
Good luck.

JJflyer
27th Apr 2000, 22:16
There was a 727 Freighter operating in Angola a couple of years back flying from unimproved strips... Sleeping in tents getting shot at and that sort of fun.
I donīt know if they are still around ?????

JJ

Komba
28th Apr 2000, 09:53
Transafrique are also operating 727's, mainly based mainly West / Central Africa. You can email their Kenya office at: [email protected]

Best luck

DownIn3Green
3rd May 2000, 18:17
Best advice is to stay away from Transafrik.
I was on the original 727 brought over there from Miami. (N188CL) It can be seen (what's left of it, anyway) on the airliners.net website. When I was there it was exciting, bullets, stinger missles, etc., were everyday occurrences. Now I hear most of the pilots are locals, who are not very good.
Pay was great, but don't know what it's like now. I left in Feb 93.

Sorry guys, this was strictly an Angola op when I was there, flying fuel (Diesel, Jet-A)in tanks strapped down in the cabin. Maybe things have changed, but things to avoid are: "We've just had an election" and "Things are calm now".

[This message has been edited by DownIn3Green (edited 03 May 2000).]