PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Air Cadet program

b767300
17th Jul 2007, 03:43
Just received an SMS message that our MFT (C.R) succeeded to send 3 Indians cadets to JORDAN.
Also planning to go to Canada to get more cadets from there too.
Very good for nationalization of the Bahraini pilots.
:sad:

TZZ
17th Jul 2007, 05:05
nationalisation in bahrain is really good, i am bahrain i got my cpl/meir and they told me i have to wait till next year to apply for abinitio and at the end of the day they give chance for indians to join the airline and for me i have to wait and wait and wait until a day they hire me and probably i will be medically unfit lol

they said they are going to make 200 nationals as pilots with in the next5 years most probably half of them will be indians, open your eyes human resourses i know it is a national program india is not part of bahrain or indians are not bahraini nationals.

BAHRAINISATION IS FULL OF SH_T IN BAHRAIN

b767300
17th Jul 2007, 05:21
PM me and we will list all the bahraini pilots to GATU and they will do their part.
or write directly to gatu@batelco........

brassplate
17th Jul 2007, 12:51
you can blame that on the subcontinental empire builders in the form of cr, lr and s*nj** for all that.

blackandwhite
17th Jul 2007, 12:57
strange that indians would want ot join gf when they have so much oppurtunity in india.

ironbutt57
17th Jul 2007, 17:26
The information is in fact correct, some years back GF entertained applications from immediate family of long serving GF employees..the candidates have have been selected for some time now, and finally have their opportunity to commence training...:ok:

scanscanscan
17th Jul 2007, 17:47
IB thank you for that explanation.
I think this is really a huge development at GF.
When a long service L1011 British Captain asked about a cadetship for his son he got laughed out of court....the son was required to leave Bahrain and went to America and today is an AA Captain.
Pity is these Bahrain lads are unlikely to be able to do this today....maybe you can use your influence and get this lad hired he sounds the right stuff having done his licences and self funded.

ironbutt57
17th Jul 2007, 18:43
I think it will be paid back by them over time....not too sure..they are going to Jordan for frozen ATPL...under the impression they already hold some level of licence...not too sure of the details...B7673 didnt know "CR" is an MFT....and go ahead take it to GATU...paid 'em 55bd dues over the years might get 55 fils worth back

InTrGYYZ
17th Jul 2007, 21:30
Ironbutt, just clarifying the program, theres is no previous aviation or flight training required to apply. Some of us do hold a private pilot's license but it isnt a requirement.

My concern my friends is, what about the Cadets that were accepted last September (2006) I am one of those that were accepted in last year's batch and to be honest, all we've been getting is false information, including the last official email mentioned that the program is "suspended till further notice" and went on to wish us a happy life ? :} Anyways since then, more rumours about starting our training sometime in october? My question is that why were'nt we even called, once simple phone call instead of making us wait for 10 months.

Another interesting note, Once they selected our group last year, we were notified that we have passed the assessments (by email) to me it seemed like they didnt take the time to bring us in and even say a congratulations or anything not even a simple phone call :confused: .. so since Sept 2006 the 4 of us have been confused and every attempt to get any information out of HR or Training has failed.

Cheers:)

pilitio
17th Jul 2007, 21:47
Thats true, I am one of the accepted cadets in last years program too..to be specific, we were informed by email and then proceeded with all the preparations till we ended with the medical test on 21st Sept 2006. Since then we were told to wait for an official letter to start the course.

As my friend mentioned it's been almost 10 months and in last may we received the first official letter saying the program is suspended til further notice wishing us a happy future.
They don't even know that every one of us arranged his life to start the flight school,some even had to change their studying plan in their universities depending on Gulf Air's program. Anyways, now the rumors say its gonna be in October. My question is whats delaying them ? At least keep us informed with whats going on !! We keep running after them but no response or official answers!!

ironbutt57
18th Jul 2007, 05:25
Yes in chatting with one of our former FCO's I am aware the whole thing is in a bit of disarray, unfortunately for you guys...hope it gets sorted out soon....as for the detractors of this program, well I for one am glad these blokes had this oportunity...and hopefully the selection of Bahraini candidates will continue as well...suspect it will...the airline is emptying out at a rapid pace...gonna need people..

TZZ
18th Jul 2007, 05:58
its unfair kingfisher or jetairways wont even hire us with no experience because we are not indians but gulfair makes national program and it says only Bahrainis to apply with red highlight and at the end they hire 3 indians, wakeup gulfair hire your locals

ironbutt57
18th Jul 2007, 06:01
Wake up yourself and read the GDN my friend...they have and will continue to..hire competent Bahrainis who successfully complete the screening process..:ok:

TZZ
18th Jul 2007, 07:13
i am awake i havnt done any screening with gulfair yet doing , and i have read about it in gdn they are going to make 200 nationals to become pilot in the next 5 years i know i am going to fly their airbus soon in the next few years, but i am pissed off because they hired 3 indians and i am sure one of the indians will become pilot manager in gulfair soon thats how indians play the game. :}

HappyFeet
18th Jul 2007, 13:44
Can anyone confirm that the closing date for online cadet applications is in fact the 31st of August?

.Aero
22nd Jul 2007, 19:29
Year on year Gulf Air has failed to acquire quality, professional men & women to go through flight training. Their "rigorous" selection process is a joke.

HappyFeet: Closing date is the 31st of Aug

ironbutt57
22nd Jul 2007, 19:31
What is your basis for this comment???

.Aero
22nd Jul 2007, 19:52
My comment was based on:

i) Commander views of sponsored cadets (now flying F/Os)
ii) The views of Instructors and CFIs of those FTOs where GF cadets carried out their training.

Do you not think it's time GF puts in the effort to completely reinvent the way cadets are screened?

Sal-e
22nd Jul 2007, 20:49
There are so many Bahraini cadet pilots out there that should be looked into asap. To hear that Indian cadets are infiltrating through the cadet program is outrages. How on earth was this allowed to happen?

wbpilot
22nd Jul 2007, 21:20
I have to clarify the issue, the group which are going to Jordan are ab-initio (license holders) and there is only one indian guy his father is an employee in the dispatch office, the indian guy was selected by the r a c i s t AM.

Sal-e
22nd Jul 2007, 21:24
Abinitios, Cadets, same hours and experience, effectively the same in every way. Someone has taken advantage of this minor loophole. Some people excel at finding loopholes!

TZZ
23rd Jul 2007, 04:05
i am cpl meir holder i applied before the application was closed but never got a reply which i have more priority than the indian who got in, keep it up saleemi

ironbutt57
23rd Jul 2007, 04:37
The "indian" as you all so eloquently put it, also himself served in the demanding environment of the AUH MCO, as well as MCT "ops" and did so very effectively I might add..and as far as Aero's comments go, if you are in the trng dept, you have the ability to make a positive contribution toward rectifying the problem you percieve exists..if not, as a Capt. you also have recourse through confidential reports etc...etc...if there are weaknesses I'm sure the appropriate managers would like to see some documented evidence, so it can be acted upon..as safety is always at the forefront here at GF..bad-mouthing the situation on Pprune solves nothing now does it???

TZZ
23rd Jul 2007, 05:31
ironbutt i think you are indian:}

dontevenjoke
23rd Jul 2007, 06:21
I can understand why a few of you are frustrated with GF, however seing comments about someone's nationality making them unfit to work here is disturbing.

I'm sure (whether 1 or 3 or whatever) of these cadets have lived all if not most of their lives in Bahrain. Their families have been here a long time working and serving in Bahrain. And although maybe their passports don't say "Bahraini" they consider this their home.

It's sad to see that in a country and company with so many nationalities working together, there is still such closemindedness.

Cheers.

Bombay HF
23rd Jul 2007, 06:31
I really don't understand some of you people. You'll happily let Indians raise your children for you, but begrudge them having some basic opportunities for their own kids!:ugh:

wbpilot
23rd Jul 2007, 07:07
The oppurtuinty should not be over bahrainis,there is a lot of bahraini license holder not getting a chance to work in the field they dreamed of, which i think they should have the priority over this indian because simply they don't have anywhere else to work if they don't have the experience, and this indian can get a job in india, the airline industry there is booming,
the issue of raising children and so on, they don't do it for free.

Che Guevara
23rd Jul 2007, 08:20
Gentlemen, having a pilot's licence and being a Bahraini does not give you the immediate right to be a Gulf Air pilot. If you have the necessary skills that enable you to get through the selection process, then you most certainly do have the right to be able to prove that you are indeed competent enough to be an airline pilot.

I do believe that any Bahraini that is interested in pursuing a career in avaition should be given priority in the selection process, however those that are not successful should also understand that flying can be a very unforgiving career, if you are unable to meet the standards required then you are better off looking for a job elsewhere. Throughout a pilot's career he or she is required to prove their competence at least twice a year and if you are unable to do this, then no matter who you are, what nationality you are or how much experience you have, then you have to move on.

Secondly, I think you should understand that Gulf Air is going through very difficult times at the moment and yes, the recruitment had taken a back seat for a while, however all indications are that it it is getting back on track. Indeed I heard that they have decided to do their training in Jordan now at a new state of the art flying school where new pilots will be trained to JAR standards, this is a very positive move.

I also think that some of you might want to consider the fact that taking out a large loan to pay for your training also doesn't guarantee that you will become an airline pilot; this is the harsh reality of the aviation world. If you are successful and I am sure most of you will be, then we all look forward to welcoming you as colleagues.

Last but not least one of the non-technical skills required of an airline pilot is tolerance and diversity. Racism in any form is simply not cool, in fact it reflects very badly on one's upbringing.

Another thought for you all, what if Gulf Air were to go out of business...?

From an old and not bold pilot, I wish you guys all the best with your future, however a little thought and patience before you shoot is probably a good idea. ;)

Good luck

AviaToR!!
29th Jul 2007, 09:31
This website rocks!! Quick quest?
How long does the application screening process takes place,, I got an email 3 days after i applied for Cadet Pilot, stating: my application is on HOLD or being considered,, Just wondering how long does it take till a get second response or hopefully an invitation for the interview.. Any suggestions on this will be helpful.. thanx in advance.

TZZ
29th Jul 2007, 09:45
hi aviator i have application on hold for abinitio since last year august, but i think there are assesments next week because my cousin has been invited for next week in sheraton but i think there are too many applicants so you might have to wait or keep on checking your email, good luck

pilitio
29th Jul 2007, 09:53
Hi aviator, usually once u apply online u get the automated email and in best cases 2 weeks after the closing date u will recieve an invitation for the first assessment which is the numerical test and the verbal test.. if you pass those then again 2 to 3 weeks later you will be invited for the 2nd assessment which is the interview and some more exams after that its the final decission.. again 2-3 weeks to get a response if u r accepted or not..and yeah sometimes takes longer we got accepted last year and yet we r waiting ;)

cheers

airpilot_A3xx
29th Jul 2007, 12:26
Spot on Che Guevara. TZZ and company please grow up boys. Stop this Bahraini against WORLD sh!t:yuk: WHAT IS YOUR POINT AS IB ASKED? be profecional and not racist:= with your attitude, you wont go very far in life :ugh: after all, its a bahraini company with a bahraini "boared" of directors and a bahraini mentality decition making. What the hell can you do without our Indian brothers? :D

P.S "I am NEITHER an Indian nor a Persian" :cool:

NO FD NO SRS
29th Jul 2007, 19:47
I am not bahraini or a persian but I do see their point. Jet airways will not by pass any of thier national to accomodate a bahraini, neither BA will ever take a bahraini when there is an english man waiting in line. THIS IS NOT RACISM BUT BASIC PRINCIPLE OF LIFE.

THRCLB
30th Jul 2007, 06:18
most of all cadet programs in the world is to give preference to the nationals
British airways
Lufthansa
Delta airlines
Kuwait airways
Emirates
Gulf air (in the past) from the founding countries
AND others i didn't really look at close range
it's not racism nothing wrong with Indians if the got the job right why not but not in the expense of other national who can do the same
if theses Bahrainies guys have applied in the mention above airlines or others with cadet training do u think they can apply !!!!!:cool:

Trader
30th Jul 2007, 15:10
The difference here is the the 3 in Jordan had their training complete and all hold commercial pilots licence. 5 months from now they will be back in NAH, in the sim, and online shortly after.

They are not zero time cadets. Makes a big difference.

NO FD NO SRS
30th Jul 2007, 18:17
The difference here is the the 3 in Jordan had their training complete and all hold commercial pilots licence.

Big deal!!! We got dozens of them holding CPL yet still serving tea and coffee.

Omania335
30th Jul 2007, 20:58
(Big deal!!! We got dozens of them holding CPL yet still serving tea and coffee.)

You are Right, I knew one ex GF Cabin Crew were holding CPL/IR license and still didn’t get the chance to get upgrade to flight dick

He said (thanks to mary kinsella) Disaster of GFA :ugh:

LDG NO BLUE
31st Jul 2007, 03:48
There is a big difference between a pilot and a license holder.:ok:

InTrGYYZ
31st Jul 2007, 06:15
As a Bahraini I applaud seeing foreign expertise, and appreciate all the hard working Ex Pat's and the different experience and mentality they bring to the table. But on the other hand i do agree with THRCLB as he does pose a valid point with the while Cadet pilot/ Abinitio program is USUALLY for locals as done by the list of other airlines he's mentioned.

Its tough to say who deserves to go on course or not as it really does have to do with going through the assessment process and what not. And gentlemen, please stop this racist attitude and start thinking of whats best for this airline and let these professionals do their job picking who is most qualified . :ok:

Cheers

scanscanscan
31st Jul 2007, 11:37
If that post was actually written by a 22year old Bahraini then the future is indeed getting better.
Pity things had to get so very bad and the better talent at GF has departed before his statement.

Omania335
31st Jul 2007, 12:17
LDG NO BLUE says There is a big difference between a pilot and a license holder

Then how do you describe a license holder my dear, plus just remember you were a license holder 2 b4 being a pilot (grow Up Dear PILOT)

bird dog
31st Jul 2007, 14:29
I know some people that were true pilots without/before gettings his/her licenses. In the other hand I know many license holders that I prefer to call "operators".

THRCLB
31st Jul 2007, 21:48
this thread is going off topic :bored:

InTrGYYZ
2nd Aug 2007, 14:40
well the reason for the mass confusion is because the first thread stated that 3 "indian" cadets were sent to jordan, while they were abinitio. And its not something new that Gulf Air that has accepted non-bahraini abinitio pilots.. but anyways now that thats sorted lets please get back to topic...

The next batch of Cadet pilots have their testing coming up this saturday, I wonder how long they'll make them wait till they send them off to Jordan (im guessing) ?

pilitio
3rd Aug 2007, 00:10
The thing is guessing dont give results with gulf air !!!! Last year's batch still waiting for their course...so anything is possible right !! Just hope for the best :P

.Aero
13th Aug 2007, 11:05
And it's about :mad:ing time too! We have all known for years this was the way it worked. Individuals lacking spatial awareness, communication skills, and no technical capacity pushed forward because strings being pulled internally. It's damn right irresponsible and may/can/has ultimately lead to disastrous effects later on.

Gulf Air probes pilots' scheme By MARK SUMMERS

AN investigation committee has been set up by Gulf Air to investigate claims that the selection scheme for its pilot cadet training programme was unfair, it was announced last night.

Six applicants to the cadet programme, including three members of Gulf Air Trade Union (GATU), have signed a petition sent to the airline's vice-president of corporate training Chris Ranganathan.
They expressed their dissatisfaction at the way places on the scheme were allocated, alleging nepotism in favour of the relatives of management.
GATU vice-chairman Khalid Al Aradi told that GDN that the applicants had the backing of the union in their efforts to seek answers on parts of the selection process they have dubbed "suspicious".

He said there had been around 120 applicants for 40 places on the programme, which is sponsored by the government through Bahrain Development Bank, and that candidates were asked to take two exams and then submit to an interview before being told if they were successful or not.

Mr Al Aradi said the applicants in question passed the first examination at Manama's Golden Tulip Hotel, but were not invited to sit the second paper.
He said allegations have been made that some of those who did sit the second exam were given access to the answers before sitting the test.
"The selection of some candidates is clearly suspicious," the applicants said in the petition.

"We demand a thorough investigation and review of all the assessment papers to identify any corruption that may have happened and if any relatives of Gulf Air top management have been helped throughout the process."

A Gulf Air spokesman said that an "internal committee" has been set up to look into the matter.
Under a deal signed last month, BDB agreed to bear the costs of up to BD30,000 per head to train 40 new pilots for the airline, making the anticipated cost of the scheme BD1.2 million.

Meanwhile, the GATU expressed its backing for the airline's recently announced decision to bear the cost of the mandatory contribution of one per cent unemployment insurance on behalf of the employees.

The airline is also said to be close to announcing improved pay for its employees, with newly installed acting president and chief executive Bjorn Naf said to be acting pro-actively to improve employee benefits.

"A review of the salaries of all Gulf Air employees is already underway," the airline's spokesman told GDN.

scanscanscan
13th Aug 2007, 13:43
Chris R really has been landed in a nightmare situation!....He will need his wicket keepers gloves on to handle all the hard and fast returns thrown in his direction...good luck with this lot Chris..possibly also get your hard hat and box on....as always...two manhole covers welded together in Lu Lu road and rivited to your backside is good advice for any pilot at GF.

pilitio
16th Aug 2007, 14:23
If GF is facing shortage in pilots.. and many others already quited and joined other airlines then why they are delaying the new cadets !!! Isnt 12 months of waiting enough? plus why everytime when things seem to work well something comes up and ruins the whole process? such as the recent assessment problem..... They should think of the other side..you need pilots!! JUST SEND THEM to start their training. 2006's batch are still waiting, if they were sent once they got accepted imagine how far they would've gone with the training!! Increasing the number of Sky nany's + Sky chefs awards and etc. while pilots are just being on hold for ages..it doesnt make sense

AviaToR!!
16th Aug 2007, 18:10
It is such a disappointment to know that my country's national airline "Gulf Air" is not reliable when it comes to fulfilling promises, lets face the fact! The four successful selected candidates from last year are so close to give up hope because someone sitting up there in the Corporate dont have time to sign their final papers for training. These candidates must have changed their future plans accordingly once they were selected but it is soo not right to know that they ve waisted one year of their lifes waiting for the job they dreamed about.
I am in the SHORT list of Gulf Air Cadet Program but it seems to me even if i am selected and promised to send for training, will i be able to take Gulf Air's word serious for that. Should i change my plans and wait for their call or should i just move on, till i get a surprise email/call from Gulf Air after one year or may be longer. As a Bahraini i love my national airline and wish the human resources did a better job. I feel your pain PILITO.

wbpilot
16th Aug 2007, 20:51
What the hell can you do without our Indian brothers?

airpilot_A3xx

We need dedicated people at GF, I'll tell you we can do alot without indians.

The bottom line is, this program is for nationals, just nationals should be selected, we are not trying to be racist here.

all119
16th Aug 2007, 22:00
From the information i got there was only one Indian selected for the ab initio program and I am sure he has a Bahraini passport and secondly his father work for gulfair more then 25 years where as so many local pilots got better opportunities and left the company so he deserves something from the company.

i am a ab initio pilot i appeared for the assessment two weeks ago there was more than 140 cadets and i was the only one ab inition pilot taking the test. after the English and mental assessment they dint send me a email nor call to conform that i am selected or rejected after spending all this money to meet there requirements (atpl frozen jaa uk caa approved)
speaking about the cadets waiting for a year that is to much for me.

I spoke to the caption in charge of the selection process he says wait they will send u email but the only problem how long to wait can some one tell me because i don’t want to spend my time watering for gulfair to recruit me if they are or probably not may be if only I had wasta.

Best of luck for you all.

:)

InTrGYYZ
17th Aug 2007, 23:16
Finally someone tastes a little bit about our pain! Thanks Aviator you are definitely right donot wait for gulf air as we were promised to be on course 2 months after we got accepted and 12 MONTHS later, here we are :} .. Sad innit. I did waste a year of my life and to be honest its just hopes of all the rumors but again, theres a new hope. I hate to be doing next to nothing while the people i graduated with are completing their master's (something that i have put declined after i got accepted in the program)Yet I do understand the reason behind the 12 month delay. But my advice is dont wait for GF do your thing and hopefully:eek: things will work out in this company for the better. I'm not bitching, just telling you guys the truth.

Cheers :ok:

pilitio
18th Aug 2007, 00:24
Aviator, I hope you did well in the assessment and yeah dont wait for it, just continue what ur doin until they call u.. 12 months of waiting some of us had to rearrange the whole studying/job plan thinking of joining GF soon but yet no answer..the thing is u wont be getting any answer, all what u have to do is WAIT.. it might be tomorow, next month or in worst cases next year!! thats the truth depending on what happens in the company..but still u have to be patient and never give up hope, somethin will happen eventually though the excitment is lost already!!!

Mephistopheles
18th Aug 2007, 17:25
Relax guys. Everything is on hold for the time being since there are a few discrepencies i.e. Someone's sister (a Bahraini holding a high position) managed to get a perfect score in all of the exams. So sorry all but you will just have to wait a little longer.

MaffiFaloos
18th Aug 2007, 17:30
You dont mean that well known spokesperson cheated, surely not. Enter Kroll? No don't be silly 'Wasta' is all about lets call it over enthusiasm. Is MK still on bail?

pilitio
18th Aug 2007, 20:13
This issue is concerning the assesors now but for us we became pro's in waiting skills.. I hope it doesnt take another 12 MONTHS !!!!!!!

InTrGYYZ
20th Aug 2007, 14:30
Thanks Mephistopheles for the reply, As Pilitio said, although we are tired of waiting, we really hope everything works out really soon.

AviaToR!!
20th Aug 2007, 22:05
InTrGYYZ: “Finally someone tastes a little bit about our pain! Thanks Aviator you are definitely right donot wait for gulf air”

Pilitio: “Aviator, I hope you did well in the assessment and yeah dont wait for it, just continue what ur doin until they call u.."

Thanx for the input GUYs, If i was in your place i would probably advise the same thing to a new candidate. Pilitio, i have not taken my assessment yet and most likely i wont. I live and work for a airline in U.S.A where i got my Bachelor in Aviation Sciences. I would love to move closer to my family and work for Gulf Air but again my hope has declined to a point where i believe the assessment does not worth taking a huge step, flying to Bahrain and putting my present career in jeopardy for a airline that is already in jeopardy. Best of luck to you all!!

TZZ
21st Aug 2007, 05:24
just have patient and wait like every one else. I have my license and waiting and i dont complain about anything i had my abintio application on hold since last year and no one called me so what i have to do is just wait.you will get there bro

Tuscani
21st Aug 2007, 22:17
I whent through thier assesment process and finished the "2nd Phase" with no reply of a pass/fail, or anything i am still waiting for thier reply. i dont know whats next it seems that anyone i contact weather its HR or Assesors, no one has an answer, i just want to know who does. there must be some one on the top of all this that has an answer. i just hope i dont have to wait a year.

ironbutt57
21st Aug 2007, 23:11
All we can say guys ( yes you've heard it before many times) be patient....GF is in the midst of re-organizing it's manpower requirements...hey..from an old guy..(me).we used to be wondering this for a poverty wage job in the right seat of a Cessna 402 (look it up)..count your blessings..and see you aboard in the future!!!

InTrGYYZ
22nd Aug 2007, 00:24
Thank god for the Jane's book of airplanes, Cessna 402 eh :}

alpha12039
31st Mar 2008, 02:00
http://uploaded.to/?id=314jas

download Gulf Air audit of Clark Aviation MPL program.