PDA

View Full Version : New Airline in Bahrain

GAME OVER
17th Jul 2007, 00:37
Ajwaa Airlines started in Bahrain please visit:

http://www.flyajwaa.com/

Gulf Air guys, this will be another option for you if you are thinking of leaving :ok:

GAME OVER

Tocus24
17th Jul 2007, 13:42
Can't seem to find any contact info.

ironbutt57
17th Jul 2007, 14:14
Guess the website still under construction...you can book a "deptature" (departure???) and be either a Gusets (guest??) or club passenger :confused:bit premature to call it an "option" :hmm::hmm:

Panama Jack
17th Jul 2007, 16:20
At this point, looks like this "airline" is no more than a website, without much information. Is that a Boeing 787 or a 757?

Icarus
17th Jul 2007, 18:14
Outrageously amateurish!

Guset

CLass

Depature

Images stretched out of proportion.

First job they need to do is get a (half) decent web-designer and a bloody dictionary!

(Looks like a 757 to me).

ironbutt57
17th Jul 2007, 18:40
Looking at the aft flt deck side window with it's telltale clipped corner, I'd say it's supposed to be a 'bus

SIUYA
17th Jul 2007, 21:12
IB..............

I'd say it's supposed to be a 'bus

I'm not really sure what it's supposed to be, but it seems more like a figment of the imagination to me :}

But if they ever get up and running, then we can only hope that they'll perform better than their website presently does. :ugh:

GAME OVER
17th Jul 2007, 23:10
OK guys, Ajwaa will be flying A321's leased from Egypt Air initially as far I know... you are absolutely right about their website it is still under construction and soon it will be officially open. This reminds me of Air Arabia when they first started!!! :ok:

Panama Jack
18th Jul 2007, 01:44
I wish them luck and hope you are right.

Actually, their website reminds me of AeroHonduras-- a somewhat better designed website that was "on the air" for a while with great promises, great paint scheme, and a picture of a very cute looking flight attendant with bedroom eyes.

I think the airline lasted all of 5 months.

awss2
18th Jul 2007, 07:15
and a picture of a very cute looking flight attendant with bedroom eyes.

I would have thought the airline lasted 9months.....

:E

LOC GREEN
18th Jul 2007, 22:25
Guys, what guarantees you that the Bahraini government not planning to declare GF BANKRUPT? And they are just waiting for the right moment to do it???

In my opinion; the whole idea of allowing another airline to start in Bahrain is to provide job opportunities for Bahraini's in case Gulf Air collapses... Ajwaa airline is starting very soon and will be followed by Bahrain Air these 2 airlines will be enough to accommodate those GF Bahraini pilots and other Bahraini employee’s who will loose their jobs when GF shut-down :{... Guys please correct me if I am wrong!!!

I found this :zzz:

www.flyajwaa.com/(S(3sakil3vxo00rnq5qqrzqt45))/images/Ajwaa.swf (http://www.flyajwaa.com/(S(3sakil3vxo00rnq5qqrzqt45))/images/Ajwaa.swf)

Andrea Dose
19th Jul 2007, 04:07
LOC GREEN... I fully agree :ok:

together we can ******

sincerely,

AD

Panama Jack
19th Jul 2007, 06:19
First of all LOC GREEN, there are no guarantees anymore in aviation. Just ask pilots of airlines like Sabena, or TWA, or Pan Am, or even the young Omani's who were aspiring cadet pilots for Gulf Air. Although most of the new low-cost carriers have been wildly successful, due to their fixation in controlling costs and efficiency, their success or longevity is not an automatic birthright either.

I figure that is today's airline industry is very difficult to forecast beyond about about 10 years at best. Sure, the Bahrain government at some point may declare Gulf Air bankrupt and liquidate the company, however, I contend that the reorganization is the company's best chance of survival-- if it becomes profitable, efficient and self-sustaining, then why kill it, unless it is based on some "black hand" factors?

So it is always good to keep your resume up to date and maintain your marketability. Try to be nice to each other-- it has happened a number of times that people have ended up at new airlines, only to find that your First Officer at the old company is now your Captain.

TZZ
19th Jul 2007, 07:56
to be honest i always had a dream of gulfair and i want to be in gulfair, ajwaa is not going to be good airline and the government will never bankrupt gulfair because it is a big name for bahrain, hopefully our shaikhs will improve gulfair to keep its name up in the sky

Bangkok Layover
19th Jul 2007, 08:55
hopefully Ajwaa will not be an Air line made/run by brits for the brits := as Gulfair was! :mad:

GAME OVER
19th Jul 2007, 15:14
the Bahrain government at some point may declare Gulf Air bankrupt and liquidate the company, however, I contend that the reorganization is the company's best chance of survival-- if it becomes profitable, efficient and self-sustaining, then why kill it, unless it is based on some "black hand" factors?

The new management in GF are definitely straggling at this stage to meet their target for this year specially after the introduction of the new wave system which affected our on-time departures very much in addition to that the technical issues that they never found a real solution to solve them for a simple reason is that they can’t afford to keep aircrafts on the ground specially during this season (high season) unless it is very obvious (e.g. aircraft corrosion) and it has been noticed defects will appear in-flight which were MDD’s that were cleared prior to departure by carrying out resets and tests to prevent the aircraft from being grounded as the MDD’s is about to expire (NO REAL INVESTIGATION) .. etc etc

I don’t want to deviate from the main issue, but GF CEO announced that his plan will bring the airline back profitability in 2 years… do you really think that this could be achieved with this sort of operation???? (I’ll leave it to you to figure out)

What I can see that Ajwaa & Bahrain Air will take over at some stage whether there is a plan to bankrupt GF or GF goes bankrupt due to mismanagement.

Trader
19th Jul 2007, 16:20
If GF cannot reach a better situation in 2 years or if it goes bankrupt it is the fault of the Board of Directors and the government and NOT the management. These entities have interfered in the running of GF for years and have not let ANY management team settle in and do what it has to do!

Panama Jack
19th Jul 2007, 16:51
It will be interesting to see what kind of management team and background financing/ strategy Bahrain Air and Ajwaa will have. I don't buy into the mantra that "new, shiny, exciting" is a recipe for automatic success, but as I said before, I wish them luck.

LOC GREEN
19th Jul 2007, 21:33
Trader, we can't put the blame on the board of directors ONLY if gulf air fails to meet its target and we let the management to get away with it... the management shall be held responsible for the failure as well as the board of directors because both will be the reason behind the failure... if the management believes that it's not going to work, then why did they accept the task in the first place? is it only the matter of making some funds for themselves and run away to another airline like what happened in the past?? :ugh:

I’m sorry… THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE :=

for info: Ajwaa will be run commercially as they are owned by some serious Saudi investors.

ddd
20th Jul 2007, 00:12
New airline - or flight of fancy?
By MARK SUMMERS

A TOP aviation official yesterday denied Bahrain was set to be a key base for a new international airline, despite claims to the contrary on the carrier's website.

The new carrier, calling itself Ajwaa, has begun construction of a website which names Bahrain as the site of its head office, displays images of commercial airliners with the Bahraini flag on their livery and advertises flights to a number of international destinations from Bahrain International Airport.

However, Civil Aviation Affairs Assistant Under-Secretary for Airport Services Nabeel Taqi rejected any possibility of a new carrier of that name coming to Bahrain.

"Forget this, it's all nonsense," he said.

"We don't have this kind of airline. We have not authorised them to operate out of Bahrain."

An official at Ajwaa's Bahrain office, who asked not to be named, had earlier confirmed the new venture was gearing up to fly to destinations from this country, but said they were unable to reveal any further information.

The firm's website www.flyajwaa.com features advertising for two flights a day to Cairo - one from Bahrain and one from Dammam in Saudi Arabia - at a cost of BD67 for a one-way trip.

Under the motto "discover our friendly skies", Ajwaa - which is Arabic for airspace - also lists Damascus, Dubai, Jeddah, Karachi and Mumbai as destinations it plans to serve.

A well-placed aviation source told GDN that the firm had plans to source infrastructure from Egypt to operate from Bahrain, but said the firm had not yet submitted a request for the necessary permits to allow it to fly to and from Bahrain International Airport.

Mr Taqi was emphatic in stating that whatever its website might suggest, Ajwaa has not been granted permission to start operations from Bahrain.

"I am telling you it's not true," he said.

[email protected]

wastafarian
20th Jul 2007, 00:30
aw shucks.

looks like the seriosu saudi investors forgot to ask the bahrani caa for permision. the guy at the ofice can't reveal any more information because they don't got none. just a fancy website with no information. might be a little more dificult than just driving across the cuaseway and heading for the nearest 3 star hotel habibi.

saudi investers- pots of money, even more atitute, little real world (busness) sense :hmm:

TZZ
20th Jul 2007, 01:46
ajwaa when i first saw their website i taught its a **** airline and i know bahrain if they wil start a new airline they wont name it ajwaa they will give it a beeter name

Andrea Dose
20th Jul 2007, 03:42
TZZ, you already showed your loyalty to GF and because of that you'll be in the next Ab-Initio course followed by your command upgrade course :ok:

I guess, together (me & you) we can do it!! because there is no one else (check GF masaalaamaaaa list) THEY ALL LEFT :eek:

wastafarian said:

looks like the seriosu saudi investors

saudi investers- pots of money, even more atitute, little real world (busness) sense WHAT????:confused: DON'T TELL ME THIS IS WRITTEN BY A GF PILOT :ugh:

wastafarian, who is (seriosu)?? a saudi investor?? sorry dude but you need to check your spelling before you post I could not understand a **** of what you said.

Anyway, time will tell whether this Ajwaa thing is true or just a big bluff!! :}

Have a nice day!!!

AD

Trader
20th Jul 2007, 06:08
LOC GREEN - in normal circumstances I would agree with you completely. But at GF you only have to read between the lines to realize what has happened and - what always happens!!

The first indication was when the Bahrain government halted the plan to lay off employees at GF. The new management team came in and said there would be layoffs, the co. was losing $1.5 million/day and there needed to be changes. The BOD and the government all said they backed the team...etc etc etc etc.

Then, when the politics got too hot the government came forward and said now there will be no layoffs. Even worse - GF cannot even move people from their positions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Over the last three months you only have to read the paper to see that it is the BOD (the Head in particular) that is CONSTANTLY making statements on behalf of the company!!! The BOD is micromanaging GF and they are not qualified to do so.

So, imo, it does not take a genius to realize that the new management team came in with a plan and had it pulled out from under them. The BOD is micromanaging the situation and not allowing those who should be doing the job to do so.

I will say this much - this is the exact reason that I, personally, am leaving. It is the same old same old at GF because the BOD and government will let management do what needs to be done.

Che Guevara
20th Jul 2007, 07:55
Trader I think you are spot on with your assessment of what is happening to Gulf Air. If you don't allow the management to manage then they will not succeed, no matter who they are.

Secondly, if you are not willing to spend money to make money, there too, you will not succeed. It is painfully obvious that this is exactly what is happening, again. Everyone complained when JH sold off assets to move ahead, well guess what, once again GF is selling off what little they have left, the latest being a MCT-LHR slot for petty cash, why, because nobody is willing or was willing to invest the capital that is/was sorely needed to rebulid the airline.:ugh:

Yes, the new management did have a plan which to all intents and purposes did sound OK, however they have been relegated to firefighting with one hand tied behind their backs.

In the end, I think the Massalama list will continue to grow to the point where there will be no other option than to start a small new operation, perhaps, Bahrain Air. I admit it doesn't have the ring of Gulf Air, but sadly I think that the name too will be relegated to the history books for people to reminiss on. Good luck on your travels!

bus787
20th Jul 2007, 12:09
Guys we all know who was keeping Gulf air going.
AUH/DOH/OMAN
Unfortunately the airline is now in the hands of those who always managed to gain from it and criplled it.

They will never put cash in to make it work.
Look at the country compare it to the others Nobody spends nothing.
Its a misery
Unfortunately People are still seeing how to make profit from selling the blood of GF
Wake up Bahrain do not ruin the airline and the Country.
Do not Isolate yourself

salahabuali
20th Jul 2007, 13:49
Want to scuttle GF?

Easy, put a homo in charge of marketing and very soon you will have all the stray cats of wendy's bar managing the airline and attending official fubctions sponsored by GF.

That is what is happening, GF is now run by the consortium of Bahrain homosexuals...

Icarus
20th Jul 2007, 14:19
Other than keeping it to the same 'sexual leaning', the nepotism is back too. Recently appointed heads, despite their obvious ineptitude and current failings, are now lining up their 'relatives' to place along side them.