PDA

View Full Version : Lost! Help

BALEWA
16th Jul 2007, 10:55
I have been out of a job for over 6 months, been trying to get info on jobs in this region and have no clue on what to do.

Worked as an F/o in West Africa for two years flying the 737-200. I have an FAA ATPL and over 1500hrs on the 737, also a Type Rating on the 757/767 but with no flying experience.

Fact is I am ready to travel but would be nice to hear from colleagues out there with some advice.

Any info would be highly appreciated from you. Thanks

B

MaintainYourHeading
16th Jul 2007, 11:27
Hi,

I know China is in desperate need for captains and with all your times plus ratings on 757/767 they would be willing to have a look at your resume. Hainan airlines is operating 767 for sure and probably 737s, try China Eastern (although their pay is relatively low but have interesting routes) Air China is recruiting quite a lot on Boeing series, China Airlines (out of Taiwan), Hong Kong Express just hired new pilots and I am sure they will hire more (they operate 737s).

Now although I work in China I am not working for an airline at the moment. So I am sorry I can not help you more with that but I am 100% sure China needs foreign captains (especially for international segments for radio comms). All I can do is give you names of companies that are hiring right now for sure. Hope it helps.

MYH

n818af
17th Jul 2007, 02:23
This is a more realistic assesment:

They are desperate but they are also firm on the total time requirement. Most need 3000TT for a CA position. One also need time in type before they will put you in the left seat.
As for FO positions there are enough candidates in China. However, you may have better luck in Hong Kong, Macau or Taiwan as they do hire foreign FO/SO.
I will stay away from mainland China as many airlines there do not honor their words. Some of my friends there (FOs) are battling with their company about contractual issues. Expat CA get better treatment; perhaps there is a real demand for them.

Good luck.

Left Wing
17th Jul 2007, 02:42
talk to viva macau, based in macau.

BALEWA
17th Jul 2007, 23:25
MTH, n818af & Left Wing THANKS V MUCH .

Checking on all the leads you mentioned.I appreciate your kind help and will keep you informed on how its getting on.

Thanks again

B

organic3
19th Jul 2007, 06:33
you could try Royal Brunei Airlines. its a crappy outfit with low pay, but they will take you with that time, no problem. you may have to go through rishworth aviation, and they are even worse!!

Garfs
19th Jul 2007, 12:17
Its scary how someone with 1500 hours TT and a considerable amount of time on a 737 finds it so hard to get work.

Good luck BALEWA

possumshagger
20th Jul 2007, 09:09
Royal Brunei would probably take you, but like ORGANIC3 say's, it a crap outfit and they do treat F/O's very much like second class citizens, especially the training dept. Don't expect to get a command for a long time if ever, especially if you have even a little experience? Might be worth talking with Parc about Vietnam Airlines, they seem to be recruiting, would certainly avoid Rishworth, heard poor things about them.:{

islandhopper
23rd Jul 2007, 09:48
Virgin Nigeria in Lagos 737 and 767.

BALEWA
24th Jul 2007, 15:57
Thanks Islandhopper, but decided I am out of Africa!

Will miss it a lot though, met a lot of good people and will be leaving a lot of friends here.

But thats the story of our job, people come and people go all the time.

Bal

Always Moving
25th Jul 2007, 00:52
How do you have a Type in 757 and no time, BALEWA?

Look in FlightInternational and climb to 350 loads of jobs and I am pretty sure it will not be worse than africa....