PDA

View Full Version : A tribute to Tul Bahadur Pun VC

PPRuNe Pop
15th Jul 2007, 16:08
Tigs2 has done so much in bringing to the attention of so many the plight of this very courageous gentleman. He has, together with his son, produced a moving video in honour of Pun VC. For those who are interested in it, and who might have otherwise missed it, I have placed it at the top of the forum just for a few days.

The music is absolutely right - I suggest you rack it up. The effect is staggering.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ab9_1184441219

You can see Tig2 comments at the end of the main thread.

PPP

dagowly
15th Jul 2007, 16:19
awesome tribute.

just slightly off topic - what is the music? its very tranquil.

PPRuNe Pop
15th Jul 2007, 16:48
If you look just above the frame you will see a small narrative, and the titles of the music.

PPP

Tigs2
15th Jul 2007, 16:59
The Music is from the movie 'Gladiator' with pieces from 'The Battle', 'Barbarian Hoards' and 'Elysium'

herkman
15th Jul 2007, 19:56
If you are not moved by that, you have no soul.

Tigs a great job and much appreciated.

It was great to see the country, a privilage that most of us will not have.

Last and by no means least, the beautifull children. Ah! the chance of a better tomorrow.

Once again a great job, and thank you Sir for your efforts.

Regards

Col Tigwell

AirportsEd
16th Jul 2007, 09:55
A fantastic and worthy tribute to the man and his regiment...well done!

Ivor Fynn
16th Jul 2007, 10:47
Tigs,

You are a star, a fantastic tribute. Without your help and dedication I'm sure that Mr Pun VC would not have made it here so quickly. For that I thank you. I'm sure all other pruners would agree. I'm just sorry I couldn't make it down to meet him, due to a standby call out.

Once again Tigs - Thanks.

Ivor:D:D:D

P.S. I've e-mailed the link to my MP and asked her to keep up the fight.

Fly3
17th Jul 2007, 02:26
Tigs,
An awesome and moving tribute. Thank you.

Clockwork Mouse
18th Jul 2007, 07:29
Tigs2
Simply beautiful. Well done.

polyglory
18th Jul 2007, 08:52
Tig2,
Truly Brilliant,

Many thanks for what you have done , on behalf of those of us who could not get there.

Lest We Forget

Old Ned
18th Jul 2007, 15:13
Tigs 2,

Thank you, the clip was the most moving tribute I have seen for many years; I simply wept.

CGS, if you have time to read these posts, please note the "Regular Service" documents held by these gallant fighters. We owe them so much yet treat them so appallingly; you and the Army Board should be ashamed.

Chugalug2
19th Jul 2007, 12:29
Hopefully this news will cheer up Mr Pun VC. It is not yet what he demands, but he will remember W.C.'s famous quote. "This is not the end, it is not even the beginning of the end, but it is perhaps the end of the beginning".
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6906360.stm

Tigs2
20th Jul 2007, 17:20
It is good news Chugalug

It was funny to here Mr Puns reactions yesterday. He said 'Its a start but the pensions are based on the Indian Army, I fought for the British Army':}