PDA

View Full Version : Kenya Airways

ROGER Co-J
23rd Aug 2000, 15:31
Does anyone have any info. on this airline, especially regarding their selection process and training programme

Speedjeans
27th Aug 2000, 23:46
Not to sure about the selection thing but I'm flying on them to Dar tomorrow so I'll let you know what there like.

CargoRat2
28th Aug 2000, 16:57
I flew an A310 NBO-SPL last year in Biz class. I was impressed with the service & comfort.

------------------
rgds Rat

ROGER Co-J
28th Aug 2000, 18:37
Thanks for the replies guys.The reason I'm interested in them is coz' they're apparently gonna need 140 new pilots by the end of next year.They're buying new 737-300's and 767-400's.They advertised for F/O's two months ago, I applied, but haven't heard from them yet.

Any 'ppruners' out there flying in Kenya or East Africa who could verify this or give me some gen. on KQ?

smallfry
28th Aug 2000, 21:08
www.kenyaairways.co.uk (http://www.kenyaairways.co.uk)
This may not be what you want to hear, but when I flew in Kenya, they would only take Kenya Citizens, with the hours etc that they were looking for at the time.
However, the requirements may have changed if they are really looking for this huge number of pilots.
The other thing that you should bear in mind, is that they have a very healthy feeder pool of qualified local pilots with lots of experience, eager to join them currently working for other operations out of Wilson Airport.
I know that I am not being very helpful, but things may have changed. Good Luck!