PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Restrictions - Dublin to Seoul

Maddie
15th Jul 2007, 11:37
Hi

I hope someone can help me with this question. My friend is flying back to Seoul next week. He starts his journey in Dublin from where he flies to Heathrow. From there he flies to Narita (Tokyo) and from there on to Seoul. If he decides to buy at the Duty Free in Dublin what restrictions will there be on the amount he purchases. He would like to buy perfumes and cosmetics. Are there similar restrictions on alcohol.

Any advice you can give is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Saintsman
15th Jul 2007, 19:28
Admittedly I haven't flown via LHR, but when I had to transit through CDG there was no problem provided that the duty frees were in a sealed bag with the receipt showing.

BTW they heat seal the bags after you buy the duty frees (just make sure that it is well and truely sealed though).

spiney
15th Jul 2007, 22:54
Japan and Korea have pretty much aligned themselves with EU Duty Free allowances but Korea allows only 1 litre of wine, rather than a couple, but they're not especially stringent on Customs checks - they basically trust people more.... intersting concept huh? Korea certainly have the same routines for Sealed Plastic Bags on Duty-Free Purchases and Ziplocs for Carry-On liquids and gels etc.

pzu
16th Jul 2007, 22:47
DOES LHR allow Duty Free in transit?

My understanding is NO

You can purchase Duty Free once through Security, but on arrival in UK you have to go through Security before boarding your onward flight, and consequently conform to present regs ie containers <100mls (standard botlle DF is approx 750mls) so Goodbye DF in Transit

Please tell me I'm wrong as I'll be transitting LHR next month out of SA

PZU - Out of Africa

Maddie
17th Jul 2007, 21:52
Hi All

Thank you for your answers. I have passed them on to my friend.

Maddie