PDA

View Full Version : Transfer from Qantas to Jetstar

AllInGoodTime
15th Jul 2007, 10:51
Is it possible and have pilots transferred from Qantas as S/O's over to Jetstar as a A320 F/O's. If so how long do you have to be a S/O to request transfer over to Jetstar.

TopTup
16th Jul 2007, 05:54
"Request" transfer QF mainline to JQ......? Only if you're an idiot!

And I thought the fool-proof psych & skills (HA!) weeded out such personality types?

Allingoodtime.... above is not meant to be a personal dig, but are you in QF and "want" to go to JQ, seriously??!

AllInGoodTime
16th Jul 2007, 05:57
Not in QF, just asking the question.

Keith Myath
16th Jul 2007, 08:58
You can only transfer from Qantas to Jetstar or vice versa under the terms of the memorandum of understanding (MOU) if you were employed by Qantas or Jetstar at the time of the agreement being signed. Therefore, this is not available to any new hires.

Keg
16th Jul 2007, 09:26
If you're happy to be a S/O for a long, long time then go QF, if you want more personal happiness than monetary gain then JQ is an option.

I don't believe that up to five years as a S/O qualifies as a "long, long time".
I'd also say that a statement about JQ providing more 'personal happiness than monetary gain' is a highly subjective thing and requires the additional statement that normally follows financial adds on TV......the one that is something like 'generic advice only; individual circumstances vary and proper advice is required'. Your advice is a long way from 'proper'.

It depends on how you view your time as a S/O and what you see as the ultimate prize. Personally I've got no problems holding out in QF as a F/O for the next 1-3 years for a command. Even if it was seven to ten years I'd still stick it out with the prospect of a mainline command at the end of that. Along the way I've still enjoyed my job (personal happiness) and I've still got more money in the bank than a JQ captain. :E

All our pilots in JQ are good people, we have great CRM and we're a friendly bunch.

Talk about rose coloured glasses. Can you imagine the response from a JQ driver if a QF driver tried spinning a line like that. The version from this particular QF driver is 'We're mostly good guys and gals, most of our crews are great at CRM and we're mostly a friendly bunch'. To state anything other than that is deluding yourself! i know there are loons in JQ the same way that I know there are loons in QF....I read their posts on PPRUNE! :rolleyes:

I believe that if the pilot shortage holds up then QF will have no choice but to progress the Group Opportunity list and allow these types of transfers. They're not going to get qualified drivers for both groups any other way!

Keg
16th Jul 2007, 13:46
Easy DA, I'm not that senior on the 744. I've seen the numbers recently and whilst I'm on a pretty good wicket it's still a jump to a 767 command.

If I've got more money in the bank than a skipper it's because I don't do tea tree oil (anymore) and I'm on my first wife and desperately want it to stay that way.:eek: :E

ABP, fair enough.....not sure why I'm so cagey tonight.

galdian
16th Jul 2007, 14:00
Just one question:

how long before the JQ boys can go across and start polluting the Qantas ethic??

(yeah, I know, not the exact quote but I'm sure most will get the drift!) :E

AllInGoodTime
22nd Jul 2007, 00:30
So can I get this clear. Yes it was possible, but not anymore, is that correct.

cunninglinguist
22nd Jul 2007, 03:08
AIGT
If you started with QF before the MOU ( 2004, cant remember date ), you can Xfer from QF to Jestar, if you started after the MOU was forced, sorry, offered to Jet* pilots then you can not xfer from QF to Jet*

If you are in the " can xfer " group, you will have to do an interview with Jetstar, and if you r not Airbus endorsed, you will have to come up with $33000 bucks, although there are rumours of that being made salary sacrifice

Hope this helps.