PDA

View Full Version : Corporate Air Canberra

Guptar
15th Jul 2007, 05:28
Anyone know anything about Corporate Air in Canberra. I know the have the night freight rune CB-YSSY and 7 Cessna Conquests.

What about Pay, conditions, roster, wht they are like to work for, requirements. TT ME time etc.

Whats the interview process.

Living expenses, rent in Canberra

Barkly1992
15th Jul 2007, 07:45
I know Corporate Air well - as a hirer of their aircraft in years gone by when I actively flew lighties and also as a member of the Canberra Aero Club.

They have always had a good reputation as a flying organisation although I don't know how they pay or operate their pro pilots.

The rental market in Canberra is very tight and not cheap. Check out the Canberra Times website - http://canberra.yourguide.com.au/home.asp

Canberra has always been a great place to fly out of - very interesting terrain.

squawk6969
15th Jul 2007, 10:04
Canberra has always been a great place to fly out of

Bit like Sydney or Melbourne is it??:}

SQ:E

apache
15th Jul 2007, 21:46
He said "FLY OUT OF".... not into!!!

in some ways it IS like MELBOURNE.

squawk6969
16th Jul 2007, 07:13
He said "FLY OUT OF".... not into!!!

in some ways it IS like MELBOURNE.

Not sure what you mean, I think Canberra is a great place to fly out of, drive out of, walk out of.......just to get the heck out of..........

SQ:E

Windy Chester
16th Jul 2007, 08:26
I wonder if they will be changing their name, as they are no longer based out of Canberra

Its the Pleats
17th Jul 2007, 05:13
I wonder if they will be changing their name, as they are no longer based out of Canberra

What does this mean? Has Mr Snow not renewed their lease? Where are they going? Do tell!

ROARING RIMAU
17th Jul 2007, 07:12
Corporate Air has moved to another part of Canberra Airport because Mr Snow has demolished their leased buildings and turned the area into a Carpark.:rolleyes:

Wing Flex
17th Jul 2007, 13:39
Heard the maintenance is based out of Goulburn for the meantime while temporary offices have been set up next to the old CASA building on the airport. Brindabella would be happy... Interesting times ahead

megle2
18th Jul 2007, 11:00
Think they have a new complex at CB on the drawing board and approved for construction.
There was a news release a few weeks ago.

speedjet
18th Jul 2007, 23:11
Think they have a new complex at CB on the drawing board and approved for construction.
There was a news release a few weeks ago.
I think the press release in question about new complex to be built is actually for Brindabella Airlines. I saw it in the local paper and is on their website.

Low Cost Carrier
19th Jul 2007, 00:42
Unless things have changed since I was there, the fleet consists of 2 * Metro 23, 7 * Conquests, 2 * C404 Titan and 2 * BE58.

They have the CB-SY-CB freight run 4 nights a week in a titan, and CB-ML-ML every night in the Metro or Conquest depending on the day of week. Also a few other ad-hoc freight arrangements.

The Metro's seemed to be very busy doing passenger charter during the day and then freight at night. There are generally 3 Conquests based in Canberra for charter and another there for charter/aerial survey, the others as far as I remember are based at 2 remote bases doing contract charter. One of the titans is used predominately for the SY freight run and the other is set up for aerial survey, and they both double as charter aircraft when required. The barons are used for ad-hoc charter.

Pay and conditions are as per the Award.

Requirements (taken straight from the website, http://www.corporate-air.com.au )

Total time: 1500 hours
Twin PIC time: 500 hours
Night time: 100 hours
DG certificate: current
IFR renewals: 2 minimum
Endorsements: company a/c types preferred but not essential

The interviews generally consists of a phone call from the Chief Pilot for a chat, and then at some stage a trip to Canberra for a further chat and possibly check flight.

As for rent in Canberra, best to look here http://www.allhomes.com.au

All in all, Corporate is a fantastic company to work for. The aircraft are immaculately presented, and they value their staff. Management run a great operation, and are all very approachable.

Of all the aviation jobs I have had Corporate would has been by far the best. If you have the chance to work for them take it, you won't look back.

LCC :)