PDA

View Full Version : Accommodation for GAPAN at Cranwell

JamesTigris
14th Jul 2007, 20:06
Hi Chaps,

Anyone else here down for the 9th August GAPAN aptitude tests at Cranwell?

Can anyone who's been though it recommend some accommodation nearby? Is it possible to actually book rooms on site?

Any advice from those already beaten that path, I'd be very grateful!

Cheers.

JT

ATPLwhoops
15th Jul 2007, 15:58
Hi Mate,

I did it last year, if i was you i would just go down on the day if you can.
It's no stress and relatively quick! Just get a good nights sleep before.

Regards

ATPLWhoops

nickyjsmith
15th Jul 2007, 19:20
Hi,

I did the test's in April, drove up from Droitwich and got there about an hour before the start time.
Even had time to stop for a coffee about half an hour away. Make sure your head's clear and give it your best untill you run out of time on every test.
It was hard but good fun !:ok:
All the best,
Nick.
p.s i was given a high chance of completeing pilot training so the travel did me no harm.

r44flyer
15th Jul 2007, 20:21
Out of interest are these GAPAN tests the same tests taken by Armed Forces applicants at OASC? The computer based maths, coordination and reasoning tests, etc?

nickyjsmith
17th Jul 2007, 15:48
Yes , they use the current set of 7 pilot aptitude tests. Gapan changed to these earlier this year, it used to be 5.
You cannot retake them for 12 months if you fail. Also they are valid for the forces. You can only do them twice in your life, so if you fail twice your out.
Don't try to practice either, if you are going to spend a lot of money then it's best to find out your try abilities.

All the best.

r44flyer
17th Jul 2007, 18:30
That's interesting.

I did the tests as part of a RAF application, so I guess that's as good as, although I have no proof in the form of a certificate or anything :(

FAAjon
17th Jul 2007, 18:47
I'm sure if you write to OASC they may give GAPAN, worth a go?

r44flyer
17th Jul 2007, 19:08
Yes, always worth a shot. Although it was at least 4 years ago now :ugh: