PDA

View Full Version : What is Prince Charles up to?

Tiger_mate
13th Jul 2007, 19:48
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t242/flyingdonkey2/post-873-1184260877.jpg
Extract from the 'Sun' 9 July
PRINCE Charles today handed over service medals to soldiers who fought in Afghanistan, telling the troops how proud he was of their work.
Forty-four members of 9 Regiment, Army Air Corps, met the heir to the throne at a special reception in the gardens of Clarence House.
Charles, the Army Air Corps' Colonel in Chief, inspected the 43 men and one woman as they lined up in two rows in their smart uniforms and pale blue berets.

Heywood Djablowme
13th Jul 2007, 20:01
They are a fantastic pair aren't they? :)

BOAC
13th Jul 2007, 20:10
The chap on the right is thinking

"If they were my hands.........................."

Shack37
13th Jul 2007, 20:29
This should be in Caption Competition.

"They keep the wings up sir" OR
"I'm due in the "Dunker" straight after parade" OR
"Of course you may sir, after all, they've been signed over to your mum"

s37:uhoh:

hobie
13th Jul 2007, 21:00
I like a Girl with a sense of humour .... :p

Do you think he has eye contact ..... :)

hedgester
14th Jul 2007, 12:33
On pain of sounding sexist!;) I think he has eye contact........ but not with her eyes! :O

airborne_artist
14th Jul 2007, 12:38
I think he's asking if her droop stops are due for their daily inspection.

Tappers Dad
14th Jul 2007, 12:45
Just because I am Honorary Air Commodore doesn't mean I don't get like to get the hands on experience.

TheInquisitor
14th Jul 2007, 12:59
Cracking picture!

Nice rack as well.....:}

chevvron
14th Jul 2007, 13:00
Did he just pin that medal on her? Is that why she's smiling? Has Camilla seen the picture?

MadsDad
14th Jul 2007, 14:44
Just one question. Why is the bloke at the left-hand end of the line (far right of the picture) sound asleep?

Did he think he had enough time for a kip before the Prince got to him?

L J R
14th Jul 2007, 14:59
Sorry mate, never got that far in looking at the pic. I too was mesmerised at the wings and smile.

ehwatezedoing
14th Jul 2007, 17:34
Bip! bip! :p

Shack37
15th Jul 2007, 07:30
Most outstanding pilot on parade!!

Blakey875
15th Jul 2007, 14:58
Camilla would never wear the uniform for me!

diginagain
15th Jul 2007, 15:41
Whatever it is he's up to, I'm sure the rest of the lads would like a crack....

dagowly
15th Jul 2007, 16:14
ha ha!! thats a great pic! :D

Tappers Dad
15th Jul 2007, 22:05
They just remind me of a brace of grouse in a sack

OKOC
16th Jul 2007, 10:26
Trick Cyclists would say that his brain is telling him to do EXACTLY what his hands are demonstrating ie I really want to grap those puppies.

I'll bet she's got a big arrsee to counterbalance those luvies mind.

AH Veteran
16th Jul 2007, 11:28
Chaps,

I don't want to be a party pooper but it is not particularly fair on a serving officer to be so publicly humiliated in this forum.

I know for a fact that the personnel on parade tried to keep the paparazzi from publishing their photographs, in accordance with current training from St Mawgan/Gosport, but to no avail. I know I would not be too chuffed at having a photo of me in my uniform displayed on the internet.

I know that it is good sport to have at laugh at each other's expense, now and again, but when sexist, degrading and - frankly - out of order comments such as those above appear, I can't sit by and watch a brother/sister in arms get such a raw deal.

Chaps - Grow up.

Mods - please consider removing the photo for the very real security concerns which I have mentioned above.

Thanks,

AHV

airborne_artist
16th Jul 2007, 11:31
This pic was first published on the Times Online Caption Comp, so it's been in the public domain for some time.

brakedwell
16th Jul 2007, 11:34
Meanwhile Mother is rubbing shoulders with a flasher!
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c32/sedgwickjames/5001_0_6124653335973722372924371161.jpg

AH Veteran
16th Jul 2007, 11:41
AA,

Agreed, but it's not exactly professional to make the situation worse and bring it to the attention of anyone trying to sniff out gossip/info on aircrew, is it?

That was only part of my argument, it is the lack of respect for a fellow aviator that galls me.

AHV

Wader2
16th Jul 2007, 12:30
Meanwhile Mother is rubbing shoulders with a flasher!

And the connection with Military Aviation?

Apart from the dead badgers that is and the other thread on Badger Warnings.:}

brakedwell
16th Jul 2007, 13:01
And the connection with Military Aviation?
Commander in Chief? :rolleyes:

Wader2
16th Jul 2007, 13:08
Brakedwell,

and it was only a 2lb breaking strain line ;)

only did it to see if there was a bite and to link to the Badger story.

brakedwell
16th Jul 2007, 13:13
Just practising for my Arctic swim!:sad:

wokkameister
16th Jul 2007, 15:26
Guys,
Unlike me to be PC, but as I know the poor girl, I have to agree with AH Veteran....lets move on eh?

WM

diginagain
16th Jul 2007, 15:29
Would you be leaping to her defence had she been an Other Rank?

hobie
16th Jul 2007, 15:58
Well I think she's a 'love' and someone any guy would be more than happy to take home to meet his mum and dad ..... :)

and I hope she keeps the photo for many years to come, and has a laugh over it from time to time ..... :p

ps. re. the Queen and your man ...... oh dear !!!!!!!! ..... :{

AH Veteran
16th Jul 2007, 17:10
diginagain,

I would be leaping to the defence of anyone within my unit or Corps, were they to be so disgracefully treated by their peers, Officer or Other Rank.

I'm sure she will keep the photo for many years, and chuckle acccordingly, but in the privacy of her own home and with friends, not under the gaze of the world. The fact that she has not 'given as good as she got' is what I would call a dignified silence. I'm sure that banter is rife in the crewroom, and rightly so, but were it to descend to the levels seen earlier on this thread, she would be justified in landing a punch or two, IMHO!

Let's drop it.

AHV

scottyhs
16th Jul 2007, 17:43
Charlie there - Well and truly defining "wave activity"

diginagain
17th Jul 2007, 06:55
I'm lead to believe that the chap two down from the subject in question is an old friend of mine, who has clearly done well for himself.

Nice one, Gripper.

wokkameister
17th Jul 2007, 15:17
Diginagain,

As a SNCO, the answer is yes. Not sure I like the insinuation though.

WM

diginagain
17th Jul 2007, 15:35
My apologies, wokkameister, no insinuation or slur was implied.

Perhaps my judgement was clouded by memories of hypocrisy experienced some years ago when the AAC first embraced the concept of female pilots. A SNCO of my acquaintance experienced a period of what ranged from gentle banter to outright sexism. She coped with it, as will your friend, I'm sure, without much support from the CoC.

AH Veteran
17th Jul 2007, 16:40
diginagain,

The basis of your argument suggests that if it was alright then, it is alright now. Should we bring back Badger Baiting, or maybe the Black and White Minstrel Show?

Contrary to popular belief, the AAC is no longer populated solely by dinosouars who believe that women should not be flying. That is not to say that we don't have any dinosoaurs, but there are some of us who are trying to stand up and be counted and do the right thing by our comrades.

Dinosoaurs are no longer welcome. Especially T Rex, as he has very short arms and long pockets - never bought a beer in his life....

AHV

PTT
17th Jul 2007, 17:20
AHV, are you Reg from the People's Front of Judea?

Seriously, it's not the lady in question we're taking the p!ss out of, it's HRH. Lighten up.

brakedwell
17th Jul 2007, 17:49
What's wrong with the Black and White Minstrel Show?

hobie
17th Jul 2007, 18:56
What's wrong with the Black and White Minstrel Show?

Wasn't that the highlight of a Sunday evening, many moons ago .... :hmm:

Pontius Navigator
17th Jul 2007, 20:31
a peer of the realm (Sir Trev McD no less). .

A KNIGHT Sir, NOT a PEER.

When you said PEER I thought you were going to mention that Archer chappie.