PDA

View Full Version : Time to get the final result at easyJet ?

hotelmodemetar
13th Jul 2007, 14:32
Hi guys,
I had my assessment day with easy some days ago and I am still waiting for any news. Does everybody know how long it takes to get the answer ?
Do they give the answer by phone or by email ?

Best regards, I hope to see you at easyJet :cool:

fuelclog
13th Jul 2007, 18:42
Hi,

May I ask you your experience prior to be invited for the selection?

The Flying Cokeman
13th Jul 2007, 19:27
If you get an email shortly after your assessment it means NO.

If you're successfull it can easily take 1 or 2 weeks before they call you back with a start date and A/c type.
Good luck....;)

F4F
13th Jul 2007, 20:04
... and heard thru the grapevine that starting dates for earlies in the pool now January...08

Take it easy guys :cool:

live 2 fly 2 live

JaJaBinx
14th Jul 2007, 10:19
Hi Hotelmodemetar,
I am looking at joining EZ, but I thought that their recruitment has been stopped for quite some time.
Could you tell me when you were called up for your assessment?
Regards
JJB

hotelmodemetar
14th Jul 2007, 21:51
1500 hours heavy turboprop and lucky enough to be called for interview ! less than 30 years old.
good luck.

few@two
15th Jul 2007, 11:06
In fact recruitment plans have slowed due to very little attrition, whether throught retirement or wanting to leave as T & C's have improved.

Forecast recruitment next year was appx 350..... now somewhere in the region of 40-80.

Good luck if you can get a spot!!

Wingswinger
15th Jul 2007, 11:24
That is not in line with the expected aircraft deliveries or with the expected training task. Next year the requirement is for at least 350 and 2009 will be the peak with more than 500 required. We are merely in a lull at the moment (barring an unforeseen business downturn).

michaelknight
15th Jul 2007, 11:24
They started calling people a few weeks ago again. Some friends have assesments coming up. All with previous airline experience. Most with ATPL's.

calypso
15th Jul 2007, 11:44
I was called the day after my sim while a friend of mine was not called until two weeks later, we where both offered jobs. No rime or reason chaps it just deppends on how busy they are (the answer is usually very!). Good luck.

A4
15th Jul 2007, 16:06
Quote: ........now somewhere in the region of 40-80.

That is WAY off the mark! 350-400 is nearer the actual figure.

A4

hotelmodemetar
15th Jul 2007, 17:02
Do not believe anything Mr Hotelmodemeter says.
Sir donald, I don't know who you are and what you want, and I feel sorry to read your garbage/ Fullstop. :*
What we were told at the interview is that easyJet is making pilot assessment every thursdays.
Their is a big holding pool for succesfull candidates that will accept the job offer.
good luck.

The Flying Cokeman
19th Jul 2007, 19:54
Regardless of the numbers needed for 2008 it certainly looks like it's gonna take a while before new pilots are needed - as indications show there are too many pilots in easyjet..
easyJet sent out an email to their pilots today asking for Airbus Capt's and F/o's willing/interested in doing a 6 months contract with Indigo in India.

jeremydewever
20th Jul 2007, 23:20
I am currently doing CTC wing cadet training at Hamilton. Do you think next year easyjet will recruit the cadet ? easyjet is not the best company (I prefer thomas cook) but the good thing is I can be captain in 2 years at easyjet :ok:

The Flying Cokeman
21st Jul 2007, 00:05
jeremydewever,

If you plan on flying minimum 1500 hrs per year anything is possible :ugh:

Good luck.

Sky Wave
21st Jul 2007, 05:17
jeremydewever

2 things.

1) Beggars can't be choosers and since it seems that TCX are laying off 90 pilots I doubt they'll be taking any cadets.

2) The Flying Cokeman, is subtly pointing out that EZY require you to have 3000 factorised hours to become a captain and the most hours that any pilot can fly per year is 900hrs.

fuelclog
21st Jul 2007, 06:45
it seems that TCX are laying off 90 pilots I doubt they'll be taking any cadets.

It may sound a little off topic here, but can you briefly elaborate ?
Thanks;)

F4F
21st Jul 2007, 11:20
jeremydewever, sure do not want to sound abusive, but my suggestions are:

- first finish your CTC wing cadet training and qualify
- get a flying job
- learn a thing or two about flying on the line
- get the necessary experience

Then and only then come back to tell us about what airline is best or your pilot career... until then :cool:

live 2 fly 2 live

Sky Wave
21st Jul 2007, 14:11
fuelclog

I was referring to this thread.

SW

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=284838