PDA

View Full Version : YBAF Flying schools

eichs
13th Jul 2007, 02:30
Hi All,
Just finished my PPL at a SE QLD flying school. I really want to go on with my CPL but I am so disillusioned with flying schools. I am yet to find a school that seems genuinely interested in MY best interests! It all seems to be about ripping me off and hours for the graduates from the previous Instructor rating course! I can't afford to fly full-time which in itself puts some schools off straight away. I live quite close to YBAF so I would prefer to train there.
Any advice would be helpful. Does anyone have any input regarding the new school in the terminal building at YBAF? I believe its owned by an ex-Qantas pilot and has some affiliation with what was formerly Arena???

ForkTailedDrKiller
13th Jul 2007, 02:50
eichs

Save up your pennies and go see Bob Harris at Innisfail.

I have no affiliation with Bob, but do my IR renewals there and know the guy and the professionalism of his operation.

Dr:cool:

bizzybody
13th Jul 2007, 04:26
yeah go on......... go back to Arena Mk II :ugh:

have fun!!!!:ok:

There are better flying organisations than that out there

Bizz

squawk6969
13th Jul 2007, 05:24
The FTDK is onto the right guy, but if you live in Brisvegas and want to stay around here, suggest tha you contact this fellow. Retired ATPL, ex Ansett/kendal RAAF.......can probablt teach you to fly a bit of 4" x 2" if you asked......

Bryan Carpenter is not just experienced, he is a great teacher from my experience and that of others I know.

Hangar 106, McNaught Road
Caboolture Airfield
Caboolture, QLD 4510

www.aerodynamic.com.au (http://www.aerodynamic.com.au/)

Bryan Carpenter
Manager Flight Operations

Phone: 07-5428 1195
Fax: 07-5428 1197
Email: [email protected] ([email protected])
Mobile: 0412 417 363

All the best!

PM me if you need any more help

SQ:ok:

dirtysidedown
28th Jul 2007, 01:39
gil layt's flying school was always really honest, dont know what they're doing now or if they're still operating

orangepeel
30th Jul 2007, 22:40
I would consider either Toowoomba or Port Macquarie for further training. The whole scene in AF is 'dead' - they just want your money to try and keep the flying schools head above water.

I would look at the two airports and depending on what takes your liking and how far you want to go with your flying - you can do some with one or all of your flying with the other.

Its your money, your licence, your skills that are here to be trained....

:}