PDA

View Full Version : FAA Records & CX Second Interview

Sabresaurus
12th Jul 2007, 19:07
Greetings everyone, I recently posted another question regarding 2nd Interview paperwork requirements and thank everyone who responded then. Here is my dilemma.

I did in fact begin the process of requesting my FAA records prior to receiving my 2nd interview welcome package / paperwork, per everyones advice here on PPrune. The window of time between reciept of this CX package and request and reciept of my records from the FAA is insufficient. I have called to Oklahoma City for my records (four times) to be expeditied and each of them keeps giving me the standard bureaucratic response of "6-8 weeks" in order to return my airmen file. I know where they are in the process however the lady I spoke with this morning said it would probabaly be early August before I saw my records at my house. My interview date is 25th and 26th of July. MAJOR problem. Any advice above and beyond what everyone else has mentioned? I did go to the FAA web site, created an account and printed my current status as an ATP MEL etc. Will this be sufficient or should I start looking at a "road trip" to OKC to push this along faster? ANY help would be appreciated!!!!

gtbilly
14th Jul 2007, 04:14
I think the only record that they want is the copy of your ATP written examination, right? If so the only form you need is at http://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/airmen_certification/test_results_replacement/

I think it only took 3 weeks or so for me to get my information, I might have just gotten lucky though.

rjmore
16th Jul 2007, 10:18
You do not need your entire record. In fact you will never need the whole thing. Like the post above said, you just need a copy of the written results. If you did not request it yet, call them. The people in that office are really nice and know exactly what you need. I sent them the form along with an overnight return envelope and the turn around was 3 days.

junior_man
16th Jul 2007, 11:25
even if you can't get that by the time of your interview, you will probably be okay. What they need it for i to convert your license to HK ATP. So if you can't get it in time, call the recruitment people and explain. It will probably be fine if you get it to them when you receive it. They do not actually need it until you are in training.
I never had my record but had the ATP written results and got a letter form a loacl FSDO verifying what licenses I held.

morenof
16th Jul 2007, 12:35
Hi

My records have not shown up yet and I have called them also, its been already almost 5 weeks since I requested them. My interview is this thursday so I will tell you what the news are regarding this matter after I come back. I did find however searching through tons of paperwork the other day in my house a copy of my FAA ATP written result!!! Unbelivable, I have no idea how that happened, I dont know what possesed me that day when I made that copy back in 2001 because I dont recall making copies of any of my written results back then. This is what I am taking to the interview plus the letter you can download from the FAA website with your currewnt ratings and certificates. I do have copies of all my 8710 forms, but I am not sure if they are looking for that. I am taking them but will not show unless they request it.

Cheers!!

act700
16th Jul 2007, 22:24
I don't know why they would get anal about it now, but I had mine turned in a week.

Fedex'd the request, and gave her a PREPAID fedex for the return.

??????