PDA

View Full Version : Transit via Mali

Broomstick Flier
12th Jul 2007, 13:00
Good day,

We are planning a flight from Sal to Malabo, with a Falcon 100, and we have to decide where to make a tech stop, as a direct flight is beyond the aircraft's range.

Bamako seems a good option, but I would like to check with you if it is indeed a nice option or other location should be used instead for the tech stop. Major concern is security.

Thanks in advance :ok:

Salz

soggyboxers
12th Jul 2007, 17:29
Bamako's okay, but I find Ouagadougou much more friendly and it's not so far into town from the airport.:)

ZAZOO
13th Jul 2007, 01:32
Hi, Both are just fine. Whats your routing though!!!

Dont think you will have any problems at all. And they are quite nice cities too. Oh how much I miss Fatu and her nice ...ooops :O sorry lads.

Enjoy :ok:

Zaz
Fatu cheri :{

SpootNICK
13th Jul 2007, 09:26
I would recommend Bamako.

Couple of reasons:

1) There is a South African AMO based in Bamako. They service mostly T-props, but at least you have the option of a hangar and qualified engineers should you run into any snags.

2) Couple of good hotels in Bamako should you get stuck due to WXX/ Technical problems. Sofitel and Kempiski are fabulous.

3) Jet A1 is normally available. However, verify that the have sufficient before departing.

4) Safety is not a concern. In all of West Africa, Mali and Burkina Faso are they nicest of countries. Very friendly people. However, English is NOT spoken by many. I have found that if I ever needed something, I would just pop down to the ASECNA briefing office, and ask them to tranlate for me. The weather office upstairs do a pretty good job by african standards.

I have a few contact in Bamako, so PM me if you need anything

SN

learr
16th Jul 2007, 19:51
Agreed but having said that there is much more action in Ouagadougou :p, after all there is a life after flying right?!

Enjoy your trip guys

learr