PDA

View Full Version : Rotors Running Refuel Sites

VeeAny
12th Jul 2007, 10:06
We have discussed this before, but the thread I was thinking about is now closed.

I've put together a data driven page for sites and companies who offer rotors running refuels.

The prices will be filled in shortly.

http://www.griffin-helicopters.co.uk/rotorsrunning.asp

Anyone know of any others who still offer rotors running refuels.

V.

tgilson
12th Jul 2007, 10:14
We're based at Swansea and they will do rotors running from the Jet A pump by the tower or from their bowser - except on Mon. and Tues. as the airfield is currently unlicensed on those days. A call on the radio as soon as you can and most times they will be ready and waiting.

Camp Freddie
12th Jul 2007, 11:07
cranfield do rotors running, normally on the threshold of runway 18, which is rarely in use. bowser comes to you.

would need to book I think, but have heard some people ask on radio and be succesful

regards

CF

Rocket2
12th Jul 2007, 11:46
Pretty sure that Western Air do at Thruxton.

cjbiz
12th Jul 2007, 19:03
Culter Helipad, Aberdeen.

Check Pooleys for details.

md 600 driver
12th Jul 2007, 20:14
breighton airfield do rotors running also free landing if fuel taken
ring brian at the field

Hughes500
12th Jul 2007, 21:50
Dunkeswell near Exeter will

Barshifter
12th Jul 2007, 22:21
Ive seen them refuel hot at Carlisle a few times aswell.

Efirmovich
13th Jul 2007, 06:14
In the north...........Walton Wood near Pontefract are Rotor's running provided you call first.

E.

HeliCraig
13th Jul 2007, 12:30
Have seen it done at Sywell (Northampton), EGBK - don't know what phone / radio calls went on to enable this though!

VeeAny
13th Jul 2007, 18:36
Most of those are in or added now since yesterday , I apologise to anyone who tried to look today, the ISP has had the connection up and down all day and they still can't find out why it drops out !

Anymore that anyone knows of ?

MEON VALLEY FLYER
15th Jul 2007, 17:01
Caernarfon (sp) used to offer the service last time I was there (some years now) was very popular stop before heading west across the water (think it was nil landing fee if you took x litres)

Say again s l o w l y
15th Jul 2007, 17:51
Oban will do rotors running if you ask. Just ask Paul.

Noordzee Cowboy
15th Jul 2007, 18:05
Besbrook Mill...............................Omagh for bacon butties.:p Ok i'm only joking.

MINself
15th Jul 2007, 18:55
North Denes can also do rotors running refuels, PPR only.

finals09
15th Jul 2007, 19:59
Slight change of tack,

where would the most useful place be for a rotors running site ?

Helinut
16th Jul 2007, 12:22
Finals,
One place that springs to mind is a short distance away from a well used helipad site - so that the older twin aircraft can get a slurp. Are there clear area RR sites a short distance from Battersea these days on the routes in and out??

A recent and sad loss to the list of those who will RR is Halfpenny Green/Wolverhampton International-Business (delete the part of the name that does NOT apply this week). It was such a useful location on a trip.

I believe that the quoted reason for this is due to cutbacks in staff.

rotorboater
16th Jul 2007, 12:32
Hi VeeAny, How about adding fields where you get a free landing fee with fuel uplift.

VCR
16th Jul 2007, 12:51
Gloucester does RRR, with a discount for 200ltr+

Camp Freddie
16th Jul 2007, 15:13
North Denes can also do rotors running refuels, PPR only.

I think you will find that they dont accept visiting aircraft any more as they have 2 new AB139's and dont have the space to accomodate the visitors at busy times.

regards

CF

EESDL
19th Jul 2007, 08:56
Any recent visitor to Caernafon will know that rrrf is out of the question unless you're resident ems etc.
That, coupled with trek to twr from pumps has put me off using site when time is short - as always.

noelwj
4th Aug 2007, 19:20
Enniskillen Airport EGAB ("Flyer" magazine 'Airfield of the Year 2006')will do rotors running refueling, but then you miss the opportunity of a lifetime to sample the award winning Full Irish Breakfast all for just £3.95 served in their Cafe St. Angelo.

Hyds Out
5th Aug 2007, 18:59
Peterborough Connington
Aeromega @ Stapleford

Both very helpful

HO