PDA

View Full Version : Need a no BS answer regarding Sids

bizzybody
12th Jul 2007, 03:44
Is the Cessna 340 currently under a sids program.

Heard yes...heard no.... Heard who knows.

I know the 402 is and the 310 but i cant find anything anywhere about the 340

Thanks
Bizz

Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower
12th Jul 2007, 04:33
http://www.casa.gov.au/airworth/airwd/schedules/ad_display.asp?sched=under&toc=CESSNA340

Is it there ?, if not, not required.

bushy
12th Jul 2007, 06:02
The word was that you had 14 months to have the work done after Cessna brought out a sids program for it. Cessna had not, but probably will.

PA39
12th Jul 2007, 08:23
;)Not as yet !

Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower
12th Jul 2007, 09:21
There was some CASA AWI, i believe from CB ?, that put his nuts in the vice and stated in writing that it was CASA's intention a couple of years ago, that at the end of may04 ( i think ) they SID had to be completed or the aircraft were grounded.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=122236&highlight=cessna+inspection

The pandomonium that followed caused saw last minute rescindment of said ruling/instruction, wonder if someone had their preverbial kicked for their exercising of magnaminous powers.

bizzybody
12th Jul 2007, 09:36
that is the best news i have heard all day

Bizz

the wizard of auz
12th Jul 2007, 11:05
Not required as yet. also a couple of the 310s and the 320 were exempted (sids program not designed by cessna as yet). I was under the understanding that CASA made it mandatory to have a system designed by engineers by a certain date if the manufacturer didn't have a program for the aircraft.
happily my 310 is so far exempt. :}

Low Cost Carrier
12th Jul 2007, 11:45
Have heard from a very reliable source in the last week that there is indeed a SIDs program for the C340, which is required to be completed by September (I think). Do recall them running around madly with the said document, but never actually read it myself. As yet nothing from CASA.

On a slight tangent have also heard in the last few days that Cessna have time limited the fueselage on the 441 Conquest to 22,000 hours. Again nothing yet from CASA that I can find. :confused:

Interesting times ahead for a number of operators I would suggest. :hmm:

tnuc
13th Jul 2007, 07:53
CAR 41 Maintenance schedule and maintenance instructions

(1) The holder of the certificate of registration for a class B aircraft must
ensure that all maintenance required to be carried out on the aircraft
(including any aircraft components from time to time included in or
fitted to the aircraft) by the aircraft’s maintenance schedule is carried
out when required by that schedule.

The "SID" inspections that Cessna have released so far are not a seperate document but are just part of the aircraft maintenance schedules, so under CAR 41 (1) they must be done - Cessna alowed somthing like 13 months from the origional publish date to comply even though the aircraft may have been beyond the Hrs/Yrs for a paticular inspection and CASA gave an exemption that allowed further time. especially for private opps.

The end result seems that all aircraft with a SID in place will have to comply regardless, but who knows ?

Time Bomb Ted
13th Jul 2007, 12:14
Bizzy,

Call 131 757 and ask to speak to Steve Swift. He is the CASA Guru on SIDS.

TBT

the wizard of auz
13th Jul 2007, 16:08
All well and good, but Cessna hasn't designed a SID for all models.