PDA

View Full Version : Multiflight (brsitol gs) , Oxford aviation, Cranfield

thesheephair
11th Jul 2007, 21:44
Ive done hours to end of research on these flying schools in the uk.

However i still cannot decide which one really is the better one.

Atm im doing mere research, im looking for the whole package of getting to my atpl from scratch so ppl cpl etc etc.

Which would be the better school as im most likely going to be doing distance learning,

+ any people know any other training schools caa apooved would be most apreciated.

Thank you very much for any help or advice offered in advance :)

samad

gmac1977
12th Jul 2007, 11:37
HI SH

i can fully understand how much time and effort goes into choosing your flight school. I myself spent years flicking through aviation magazines and trawling through websites in the search for the ONE!

i'm now safely half way through my ATPL theory (DL) after knocking out my PPL abroad and have just under 100 hours in my book!

I recomend you speak to Cranfield aviation training school (CATS)

They can do your PPL(A) and JAA ATPL theory distance learning from £4500.00 (flight training with CATS partner in the US) or £6500 (with all training done here in the UK) sounds bloody marvelous! if i'd known before my PPL i would of taking it up like a shot. I spent close to £6000 just on the PPL.

you get the full 45 hour PPL (C150/C172) and Online JAA ATPL.

i'm currently doing the ATPL with CATS and have found it to be more than adequate. You get the JAA question bank and progress tests thrown in.you can pay an extra £500 for the hard copy manuals but i'm getting by fine without them.

I got an average 90% pass rate on my 1st 6 exams and have found the student helpline to be very helpful.

Give them a shout!!:)

thesheephair
12th Jul 2007, 21:31
so basically i can basically get my ppl and atpl licenses for £6500?

Whats the catch or have i misudnerstood? :confused:

Adios
12th Jul 2007, 21:37
Sheephair,

You have misunderstood. He wrote you can get the PPL(A) and the ATPL THEORY for £4,500 or £6,500 (all UK option). That would be the PPL and the 14 JAR exams by DL, which is how you wrote you wish to do them.

Turbine King
12th Jul 2007, 21:38
The catch it seems is going elsewhere!

thesheephair
12th Jul 2007, 21:39
So once i have done all these theory and exams then what must i do or does that enititle me to my atpl and license?

managed to confuse the hell out of myself now

Turbine King
12th Jul 2007, 21:42
hour build
do that during ATPL study to keep you sane

then CPL and IR flight courses and MCC if necessary

thesheephair
12th Jul 2007, 21:47
so i can do hour bulding at cats,

do they offer a modular course where this is all included ppl cpl atpl ir etc etc all in one?

Adios
12th Jul 2007, 22:18
When a course is all in one, it is by definition integrated, not modular. I suggest starting your research here by reading the stickies at the top of the forum.

Groundloop
13th Jul 2007, 08:13
do they offer a modular course where this is all included ppl cpl atpl ir etc etc all in one?

When a course is all in one, it is by definition integrated, not modular. I suggest starting your research here by reading the stickies at the top of the forum.

Bit simplistic and harsh, Adios. You'll find a number of modular schools can offer ALL modules with each module following on from the previous.