PDA

View Full Version : Who Can help me RT question???

Daultonio
11th Jul 2007, 13:15
Hi i have a JAA PPL from america but i now need to do my RT in this country. Who knows what the RT test is like for a PPL holder what do i need to know.
Any help would be grateful Cheers

coodem
11th Jul 2007, 13:26
Theory or Practicle?
Either one, you will need to look at CAP413, Its available as a free download from the caa website, or you can pay for one

Daultonio
11th Jul 2007, 15:26
the pratical side sorry forgot to mention

Blinkz
11th Jul 2007, 15:41
Its generally common sense however there will be stuff that you haven't heard of before. MATZ penetrations etc. Read CAP413 and that should help!

YYZ
11th Jul 2007, 18:18
You can also buy a book with everything you need?
Used to do it in a CD too?

http://www.transair.co.uk/product4.asp?SID=2&Product_ID=1322

YYZ

Arfur Feck-Sake
11th Jul 2007, 18:55
CAA Safety Sense Leaflet 22 includes a mock test route.

www.caa.co.uk/docs/33.srg_gad_webssl22.pdf (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33.srg_gad_webssl22.pdf)

matt85
11th Jul 2007, 19:13
Hello.

The Oxford DVD is pretty good for the RT exam if I remember rightly.

smith
11th Jul 2007, 20:49
We do not request flight following in the UK we ask for a flight information service. Not as good as flight following as it does not have radar coverage and the contoller just tells you of other aircraft in the area and no avoidance information.

Fliht following in the USA is a fantastic tool, they squawk you and then pass you from various approach control centres, no need to inform every airfield you fly over you are in the area, not like here in blighty. Excellent stuff.

Keygrip
12th Jul 2007, 03:14
Yes, Smith, it is a fantastic tool, isn't it.

Britain calls it "Radar Information Service" - so ask for that instead of a FIS.

If you want a really good service, even better than flight following, ask for a Radar Advisory Service (if you are either IFR or in receipt of military LARS).

The USA is no better than what you can get back there (apart from landing fees).