PDA

View Full Version : Jetcraft Interview

kjmundey
11th Jul 2007, 08:51
Hi this is my first post so be nice to me.

Just wondering if anybody knows about the Jetcraft interview? Ive got mine on the 19th July. I know theres three parts I was more interested in feedback regarding the technical quiz.

Just wondering what I could study up on.

Any help much appreciated

Cheers

KRUSTY 34
11th Jul 2007, 10:28
What sort of hours have you got kjmundey?

Sid Departure
11th Jul 2007, 10:45
Jetcraft????

If you mean Jetstar, then this (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=271969&highlight=jetstar+interview) might help.

kjmundey
11th Jul 2007, 11:21
Hi
At present I'm sitting on around 1100 mainly singles, got about 50 hours multi with a command instrument rating

UnderneathTheRadar
11th Jul 2007, 11:52
Jetcraft????
If you mean Jetstar, then this might help.
No, he probably means Jetcraft (www.jetcraft.com.au).
UTR

kjmundey
11th Jul 2007, 22:11
Hi just so there is no confusion Yes I mean JETCRAFT not jetstar

Cheers

KRUSTY 34
11th Jul 2007, 22:56
Can't help you with the interview I'm afraid, but maybe some advice.

I asked for your hours because the all important (at least this week anyway) multi command, at least 350, will be the ticket to the higher paying job.

If it's for a position on the metro as an F/O, ask them about progression. I know of guys employed as right seaters, and even though it's turbine time, they end up being stuck in that position because of a lack of multi-IFR!

I'm not sure if Jetcraft have piston twins anymore, but if that opportunity presents itself, you should grab it.

Have a look at where you may be in the next 6-12 months, because that will be when the greatest opportunities will be around, and it would be good to be in a position to grab them.

Good luck with it all,

Krusty.

kjmundey
12th Jul 2007, 03:01
Hi Krusty 34

As far as I'm aware all the new starts with little experience like myself start on the caravans.

Regarding the multi time yes that's one of my concerns. Fortunately for me I have a wife and three young kiddies which unfortunately restricts me from heading out to no mans land chasing the multi time.

Anyway gotta get through the interview first

Cheers

TopTup
12th Jul 2007, 05:38
Mate, check you personal messages.

CUB
12th Jul 2007, 07:23
Jetcraft have a cadet program allowing guys go from right seat metro / caravan to left seat metro with little or no M/E command time. This is because they operate metros single pilot charter meaning the 500 hr M/E command req does not apply. Its no different to getting a gig on a duchess. If you get the job take it. In 12 - 18 months with single pilot metro time mostly at night your resume will look a lot more attractive.

multi_engined
13th Jul 2007, 12:42
What's this about F/O on metro?

I was told Jetcraft metros were all operated single pilot IFR :bored:

captwawa
14th Jul 2007, 11:37
they do have mining flights which carry passengers which require a second pilot as the aircraft on the runs dont have autopilots. all cargo is single pilot still as they r fitted with autopiltots

jangerlingjangerling
15th Jul 2007, 01:15
Tell em you believe minima is for private pilots and you will be sweet
http://draconisentertainment.com/shop/images/monkey.jpg

nomorecatering
15th Jul 2007, 03:30
How did you manage to get an interview withh 1100 TT and 50 ME Command when their websites states the minimums are 1500 and 500.

j3pipercub
15th Jul 2007, 11:19
For two main reasons.

Firstly and this is nothing new to most aviation companies of late, they are desperately short of drivers!!! I know of a guy there who is flying the vans with 850 total!!!!! But he does have around 400 on the van before he joined

Secondly, see firstly!

drshmoo
17th Jul 2007, 04:56
Whats the gee up about monkey buisness? Are jetcraft still doing most of the Toll stuff??

Noddie Thistle
18th Jul 2007, 10:29
Close friend works for Jetcraft. Be punctual, dress smartly (if possible suit and tie), be honest.

Good Luck!

Capt Fathom
18th Jul 2007, 11:20
Be punctual, dress smartly (if possible suit and tie), be honest.

Do we have to tell people this sort of stuff now!

Sorry, I forgot. Kids these days!! :uhoh:

Benn
19th Jul 2007, 10:29
Hi guys, how are you?

Have an interview with jetcraft next week was wondering if anyone had information on the process?

Is there a sim/tech quizz plus an interview?

Having trouble on their website so any information regarding what to expect would be fantastic. Thanks for your help in advance

cheers

el_capitano
2nd Aug 2007, 05:56
Hello Benn,

Did you have any luck finding out some info about the jetcraft interview. I have an interview coming up and would like to get some info, so if there is any could you please let me know.

Rgds,
el_capitano