PDA

View Full Version : cheapest MCC?

skyhigher
10th Jul 2007, 22:38
as its just a tick in the box (so i'm told!) anyone know of the cheapest place to do an MCC course?

Ropey Pilot
10th Jul 2007, 23:37
It is entirely a tick in the box from an employers point of view - but depending on your backfound/aspirations some people up the price and do them in a jet/full motion sim in order to help with forthcoming check rides.

(And before people ask the employers don't give a jot if you did that or not but it can be more cost effective than doing a cheap MCC and then buying sim time seperately)

Can't answer your question though - sorry:\

Deano777
11th Jul 2007, 07:51
There's one in Wolverhampton, can't remember the name, but it's about £2k, personally I would recommend doing it in a full motion, having done the IR sim time in an FNPTII and an MCC in a full motion I can say (and my sim partner agreed) you would get far more from the course by doing it in a full motion.

The other thing to consider is a sim assessment, I have just done an assessment for a UK major in the exact full motion I did my MCC in, I had 25hrs in this particular sim before hand. Did it help me? you betcha :ok:

MJR
11th Jul 2007, 10:52
Ditto the previous comments, I did the cheap course at WBA and whereas it does get the tick in the box it does not prepare you for a sim check on a full motion sim. That said most MCC is done with autopilot hence you wont get any raw data flying which is what you want for a sim check. You pays your money and takes your choice.

cheers

MJR

Arfur Feck-Sake
11th Jul 2007, 19:17
I too support the previous comments. Go for the more expensive option now and increase your chances of passing an airline sim assesment.

BlueRobin
11th Jul 2007, 20:12
HGFC's (Wolverhampton) MCC instructor is an ex-VC10 FO come RAF sim instructor. £1950 inc vat, possible discount for their CPL/IR students.

sussexlad
12th Jul 2007, 15:55
Try EAAC down at Bournemouth, their MCC course is £2399 on a full motion tri-star, they've just in the process of installing a 737-200 which will also be used for the MCC course.

Cheap and on a full motion sim, can't recommend them enough.

See - http://www.eaac.co.uk/flight_training/mcc_courses.jsp