PDA

View Full Version : "Wave" swamps BAH.

Dessert Aviator
10th Jul 2007, 21:57
Any GF line pilot will tell you the worst station for on time perfomance in our network is BAH. It has been for years. A lack, and failure to upgrade Bahrain airport and it's facilities is largely to blame.
To compound the problem our management have decided to drown BAS with our two tides a day strategy which completely overwhelms the limited equipment and staff twice a day.
AD and BN need to be backwashed clean out of the "Pink Palace" back to their land locked country and leave nautical matters to the local seafarers.:=

LDG NO BLUE
10th Jul 2007, 22:17
I think Muscat is worse than Bahrain.

If you're arriving late, you'll never depart on time.
If you're on time, the chances are high that you'll depart late.

LNB

Trader
11th Jul 2007, 06:00
ACtually it is the BEST thing that has been done. BAS and a large number of GF employees are lazy sods!!!!! The only way to get anything done it to force the issue.

You design a good system and then make the people and parts of that system adapt and perform. To design a system around the lazyness and corruption does nothing more than maintain the status quo.

Not too small
11th Jul 2007, 08:13
If they want this thing to work they have to spend a lot of BD.
Its all about the money now.
As they say pay peanuts get monkeys.

skywaytoheaven
11th Jul 2007, 13:35
Trader I agree with you, get them to work for a while, then let them be lazy for a few hours then back to work.

It didn't work that well yesterday morning however, 45 mins from initial Start up call to departure. Radio 121.85 jammed, the standard response 'standby I'll call you back', followed by 'cleared to start, standby for push'. Bah ground doing the best they could under the circumstances.

There were 11 a/c trying to depart together, it was like the Regency traffic jam!

sirwa69
11th Jul 2007, 14:30
It didn't seem too bad when I scooted through for the 9:50 to Kuwait on Monday. We pushed back about 9:55 and were airborne by 10:05.
Spoke to "Dan the Man" from BAS on Monday morning and he told me that they were a bit swamped the first couple of days but by now they seem to have their act together. His major complaint was that all the crew on his shift have 2 hours of frenetic activity followed by 6 of sitting on their ar#ses
On On

Panama Jack
11th Jul 2007, 20:56
Seem to have observed the same, it sees to be working better, and it is time for them to whip performance out of ground staff.

It begs the question, for something like a 9:50 departure, in times of "waves" is a 9:55 push back such a horrible sin, especially if we are arriving on-time at our destination? I mean, yes, we should be pushing back within 30 seconds of scheduled time, but if this becomes the all-encompassing goal, are we not losing sight of other important matters?

boeingcrap
11th Jul 2007, 23:49
:ok:With the chaos this wave is creating, I now declare the category upgraded to a "TSUNAMI" due to the inherent destruction it is causing!:D

Yo767
12th Jul 2007, 05:47
A GF pilot seen going to work (probably airport standby) after the introduction of the šNew GF networkš and the šnew well-rounded packageš
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/5/5d/200px-Bike_Surfer_Dude.jpg

scanscanscan
12th Jul 2007, 07:59
I note the new improved uniform shoes.

Sal-e
13th Jul 2007, 06:21
C'mon guys it ain't all that bad. In fact, apart from some delays, load has generally been good.

ironbutt57
13th Jul 2007, 07:40
The problems seem to arise when the aircraft assignment is changed, BAS seem to have outdated info...100% of the time I either reported to work or had an aircraft change in BAH whle in transit, the BAS staff took us to the wrong aircraft...have seen in our dispatch office the messages sent to all concerned parties regarding ship routings, so the info does indeed go out...what happens after that, who knows??? Personally I will revert to calling GF ops directly and confirming my next aircraft assignment..cut out the middle man:ok: the next problem is getting the paperwork to the correct aircraft...:ugh:

brassplate
13th Jul 2007, 09:56
what?!? no middleman? the entire region will fall apart without the middleman!!!;) (not a tinge of cynicism in my tone)

Dixons Cider
14th Jul 2007, 07:36
Yo767
A GF pilot seen going to work (probably airport standby) after the introduction of the šNew GF networkš and the šnew well-rounded packageš

HAHaaaaaaa good one man - larf I nearly sh@t!!!!!!

ironbutt57
14th Jul 2007, 10:22
That is in fact an actual picture of YO767 honorably performing his airport stby assignment...we removed the crate of beer from the photo due to legal reasons..(caz we drank it) :ok:

Sal-e
14th Jul 2007, 18:12
Bwhahahahahaheeheahaha.....LMFAO!!!:} Move it dude, you're missing the next wave haha.:ok: