PDA

View Full Version : Small aircraft crash in South Africa?

oncenterline
10th Jul 2007, 16:00
Does anybody know about a small aircraft having crashed in South Africa recently? At least a german couple on their honeymoon were killed. I appreciate any info.

Sir Osis of the river
10th Jul 2007, 16:18
I think you are refering to the Crash of Piper Navajo 5H-WAY in the Masai Mara in Kenya, not South Africa.

One Pilot and a honeymoon couple killed. RIP

Zenj
10th Jul 2007, 21:00
Thats not true at all.

5H-WAY is a Navajo but crashed in Tanzania in Selous and there were no fatalities.

AAL
11th Jul 2007, 05:46
Wooa gentlemen!

The question by oncenterline was if anybody aware of German couple on honeymoon recently died in light aircraft crash in South Africa?

Wether it was 5H-WAY is possible debatable - truth and reality is oncenterline, is that a German honeymoon couple was killed in a light aircraft crash 10 or 12 days or so ago in Kenya while travelling from Nairobi to the Masai Mara game reserve in Kenya.

God Bless and may they RIP.

dr27
11th Jul 2007, 06:09
Hi

You are referring to a C-182 that crashed sometime after take-off in Kenya.

The 3 people on board, pilot and the newly weds, tragically died in the accident.

No further details are known at this stage by my self

oncenterline
12th Jul 2007, 22:04
Thanks for info, if you have more please let me know.

Solid Rust Twotter
13th Jul 2007, 05:55
Journo on a fishing expedition? Does it matter what's written here if that's the case? They'll just twist it to suit their story....

oncenterline
13th Jul 2007, 06:36
Solid Rust Twotter
These poor guys happened to live not too far from my place, so can you imagine that it might be genuine interest? I wonder if the concept of commiseration is known on planet Tharg...

Solid Rust Twotter
13th Jul 2007, 07:48
Then why didn't you say so? Journos have been known to troll these fora, usually starting off with bland anonymous questions such as yours in order to latch onto something said that they can quote out of context and sensationalise.

Commiseration? Never knew them so it would merely be the usual fake outpouring of sentiment. Wonder away...:rolleyes: