PDA

View Full Version : KUL-BKK Flights

Egerton Flyer
10th Jul 2007, 14:48
Hi,
I'm off to the far east with EK in a few months, flying into KUL and out of BKK.
So the question is, do I use Air Asia for £20 ish each or do I pay £120 for a full service airline (Malaysian).
Any info would be appreciated.
Flyer.....:8

Salusa
10th Jul 2007, 16:02
Go Air Asia and save the cash.

For a short hop no point paying extra for "frills".

AK are fine to fly.

Curious Pax
10th Jul 2007, 16:15
Concur with Salusa - did a KUL-BKK-KUL daytrip last year on Air Asia, and couldn't fault it. Did what it said on the tin, on new A320s, with friendly cabin staff at a very good price.

knobbygb
11th Jul 2007, 07:57
Not sure if you're on business or holiday, but if you have the time you should make the journey by train and see a bit of both countries. It'll take about 24 hours and cost the same - about £20, but for that you get an air-conditioned sleeping car and, as I say, get to see some of these two beautiful contries.

You have to change trains near the Malaysia/Thailand border, but apart from that it's easy. You can even book and print e-tickets online (for the Malaysian bit at least). I won't post links to commercial sites, but there's loads of good stuff out there.

Sorry if this isn't what you asked for - couldn't resist as I did the journey earlier in the year and it was the highlight of the holiday. Going back again in January doing it again...

Salusa
11th Jul 2007, 13:15
knobbygb,

What a wonderful idea!!

I must make the effort to do that sometime.

Can you do the trip over several days?

tezzer
11th Jul 2007, 15:20
Tried to use Air Asia for BKK- Phuket last year. Outbound flight delayed by 3 hours, as was the inbound one. In the end, walked, and bought a NokAir ticket for each of myself and Mrs. Tezzer, and got an extra 3 hours out on the town in BKK.

Bangkokeasy
12th Jul 2007, 10:23
Well, last year you could do that, when it was just a question of walking from one desk to the other, but it is not so easy now. Air Asia fly out of Suvarnabhumi (BKK) while Nok Air fly out of Don Mueang (DMK), which is on the other side of town.

pacer142
12th Jul 2007, 11:54
Make sure you get the flights operated by the main Malaysian Air Asia operation and not Thai Air Asia, as the latter operates scruffy old 737s that aren't half as pleasant.